• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ringtone Assistance

BGWC

Lurker
Mar 6, 2010
So I've done some research and learned my lesson from downloading ringtones directly from Myxer. On my Motorola Droid, I cleared the data from Applications and downloaded them all to my SD card. In the Download folder, they weren't recognized under Ringtones.

I tried moving them over to /system/media/audio/ringtones/ with Astro, but it won't move them over. With the USB to the computer, I can only access the SD card. Any suggestions on how to get this to work? Thank you!

I recently edited some of my custom ringtones to eliminate the silence (that has turned into a hissing sound), and found that the shorter ringtones aren't recognized. Maybe the ones you're using are too short? The ones I have that work are all slightly over 3 seconds long, and all the ones that don't work are shorter than 1 second.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones