• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ringtone not working

My custom ringtone that I have assigned to my phone is not working. It plays a different sound that almost sounds like an error. The correct sound plays when you are selecting it from the Ringtone section in Settings, but when I get a call it plays an error sound. Built-in ringtones work fine.

I am using the Google Pixel 1st generation.

Yes. My phone does see the file and when I add it into the Ringtones folder it appears when you go to select a ringtone in Settings. But when I receive a phone call, a error sounding sound plays.

If you play it using an audio player what happens? For that matter you should get a preview played when you set the ringtone - does that work?

If you play it using an audio player what happens? For that matter you should get a preview played when you set the ringtone - does that work?
If I play the clips through the Audio Player it works completely fine. If I play the ringtone in Settings as a preview it also works. It's just when I receive a call it doesn't ring using my selected ringtone.

Back
Top Bottom