• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ringtone won't stick...

All I want to do is set a custom ringtone for all incoming calls on my Desire Z.

About a year ago, I found the .mp3 file I wanted, and managed to set it so that it rang with that file. Now I can't remember how I did that, and it's reverted back to the default for some reason, and I can't get it to do it again.

If I go to settings > sound > phone ringtone > get new ringtones, the file I want is right there, and I can select it and play it, but it won't save it as a ringtone. If I press "Apply" it just reverts back to the default list.

Someone please help me?

Hello tephramancy. Welcome to the forums. Sorry to see you're having issues with setting your ringtone.

There are a few different ways that you can set any sound file you want as a permanent ringtone, one of the best being use of a 3rd party ringtone/media app from Android Market. Doing a search in Market will yield several such apps/widgets, some paid and some free.

I like to connect my device to my computer via the USB cable and move things around from folder to folder. The "media" folder sometimes has a "ringtones" sub-folder, sometimes not, but you can do a search once in the the device files and then move the sound file to that folder if it exists or create one if it does not.

Others with the Desire Z will chime in for you now that I've moved your question out of the Media forum to the Desire Z forum. :)

Back
Top Bottom