• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][4.3] Sense 5.5 For the HTC EVO LTE

Ok, it took me a while to get this rom to flash, but it was worth it!! :)

You'll need to be on the latest version of TWRP found here: xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][FIRMWARE][RECOVERY][STOCK] Sense 5, Android 4.3 Final Update - 4.13.651.4

Then boot to recovery.
Select Wipe / Advanced.
Select everything except "Internal Memory", "Ext_SD", and "SD". Otherwise it borks TWRP and you'll need to perform a hardware reset via the power button mash.
Reboot Recovery.
Select Install.
Flash the rom.

Mine failed the first time. I did a power button mash reset, flashed again. Success!

Once it booted up, the phone got stuck on the HTC splash screen. I did yet another reset via power button mash, and it booted up fine! :)

It's pretty close to the stock 4.3 rom, but Sense 5.5 has a few extra features, and the UI is a bit more polished. Really it's smooth as butter, and it's a nice looking rom. I likee!! :D

Thanks Cap'n and all that helped with this Rom, it's a good one! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones