• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom][5-3-12]Broken Out Rom 2.0

I am having bootloop issues too. I was running 1.0 and I rebooted. Went into a bootloop. I got through the Pantech boot logo and to the boot animation, but part way through the animation it would reboot. The first time this happened I was able to get it to boot somehow. Unfortunately, I don't remember what I did. Today it happened and the only way out was to get into recovery and restore a backup of my stock rom. I tried flashing 1.1 after wiping everything, but the same thing is happening. Any advice? The rom was great while I had it running, but I can't get out of this bootloop without going back to my stock backup.

I installed this today as my first custom ROM. Love the size/look/feel/speed, the only issue I have had is sometimes entering the same continuous boot cycle. First time, I rewiped and reflashed. Then it happened again several boots later and fixing permissions worked to get it to finish booting, another time plugging in power during boot worked. This was all with version 1.0... Last few boots have been good. Great work by MTMichaelson, thanks!

Upvote 0
I installed this today as my first custom ROM. Love the size/look/feel/speed, the only issue I have had is sometimes entering the same continuous boot cycle. First time, I rewiped and reflashed. Then it happened again several boots later and fixing permissions worked to get it to finish booting, another time plugging in power during boot worked. This was all with version 1.0... Last few boots have been good. Great work by MTMichaelson, thanks!

wipe everything
data
dav
cache

Reactions: AndroidPhinatic
Upvote 0
went back to your post update rom...stock...this rom was starting to give way too many problems and then the non stop boot looping hit me. was good for a little bit while it lasted

edit...scratch that!! that got all messed up as well! couldn't even run the setup wizard after i did that...i had to restore my phone back to as it was prior to doing either of these roms...

Upvote 0
Okay, so I got things up and running and haven't had the boot loop. What I did was I installed 1.0 first and then installed 1.1 from there.

@kip101, I have experienced some battery drain as well. Not sure what's going on with that.

Also, the widgets I have installed (Weather Channel, Facebook, Lifecontacts, etc...) seem to have some instability. I wonder if that's an issue on the widget end or on the ROM end.

Otherwise, great job mtm. Keep it up.

Upvote 0
been getting force close on apps too, i do like this rom dont get me wrong but still a lil buggy , hey its the only one we got an iam thankful we got something , i hate when a rom is perfect nothing to mess with at the end of the day. but the short battery life needs a fix .i have my brightness down low but not been a big help . open to any help

Upvote 0
I wonder if the battery drain and instability are in the ICS Launcher. I'm running ADW instead, with no widgets, and i haven't had any issues at all. It's definitely an all around improvement compared to Stock, including battery life. I didn't flash 1.1 because i made my own theme changes, but i assume that wouldn't effect the battery life at all.

I'm curious though if we could get a new lock screen next. Or maybe the option to customize the quick access button/disk things. I tried using the UOT Kitchen to flash a different one on, but it didn't replace it.

Reactions: kip101
Upvote 0
You could...
1. Download the stock ROM and extract the appropriate APK file from ROM on your computer, and then copy it to your phone's /system/app directory (assuming thats where it goes...)
or
2. If you backed up all of your apps with Titanium, you could find it in there and restore it. If not, you would probably have to flash to the stock ROM, use Titanium and back it up, flash back to this ROM, and then restore the apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones