• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][6.0.1] CyanogenMod 13 for Exhibit/Ace 2e [T599/N/V][METICULUS]

Meticulus

CyanogenMod 13 is a free, community built distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone, tablet or PMP.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

These are CM13 builds for the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit, and Samsung Galaxy Ace 2e (SGH-T599, SGH-T599N, SGH-T599V). It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

GPL:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="Meticulus/android_kernel_samsung_codina" path="kernel/samsung/codina" remote="cm" revision="mm"/>
</manifest>

Warning: Currently, this ROM is an Alpha build and is not stable for daily use.

Download meticulus.co.vu
Gapps: ???

I can not believe you brought marshmallow to this poor old fellow :),
I smell some marshmallow ports coming!

Well being that I'm down to not even having an activated phone right now, my LG G4's took swimming lessons, my G3 smashed, My two Motorola Droid Maxx (still the best damn phones I've ever seen) both work fine but are shattered.. but the biggest problem is both are hopelessly unrootable except on the oldest kk versions that were in them when they came out which I knew no better at the time to not update them but still they sit on the latest kk lmao.., my LG L70 ms323 is stuck in the qualcomm (9008 fixable kind) hard brick but I've tried over and over so I think there's some hardware damage, VS450pp verizon version went swimming as my Cricket version...So I'm left with a Samdung Galaxy Centura (you lol) and this lil dude the exhibit till God knows when or our plan upgrade next September.. Sooo thanks for something to play with since I done exhausted my pc learning experience the past year...now back to Droid.....any ideas on working Gapps yet? Lol

I finally had an opportunity to try this alpha build on my SGH-T599N. I used the "cm-13.0-20160912-METICULUS-codinalte.zip" version with the fix-mtp patch.

In general the Meticulus CyanogenMod 13 ROM seemed to function better in speed performance than the Meticulus Carbon LP 5.1.1 ROM for the devices. This was expected and is normal for Android 6.0.1 in relation to Android 5.1.1.

I did find some bugs/issues that do not appear to have been previously mentioned. Those are:

Severe Issues:
  • At least 3G cellular data does not work. I did not test 2G data. A T-Mobile account with unlimited data (of all classes) was used to test.
  • Formatting SDCard (maybe also other volumes or attached storage?) fails and corrupts SDCard data. (Fails after displaying 20% progress) The SDCard is also not recognized until reboot (UNTESTED: or maybe reinsertion of SDCard)
    • Attempting to format SD Card as portable storage via the Settings App ( Storage & USB --> [Clicking o SD Card to Browse SD Card] --> [Invoke Pop-up menu] --> Settings --> Format --> ERASE & FORMAT ) fails partway and returns an error. See attached "Screenshot_Format_SDCard_Failure_Portable_Storage.png" picture for error message.
    • Attempting to format SD Card as internal storage storage (adopting the storage) via the Settings App ( Storage & USB --> [Clicking o SD Card to Browse SD Card] --> [Invoke Pop-up menu] --> Settings --> Format as internal --> ERASE & FORMAT ) fails partway and returns an error. There is a long delay at 20% progress before failure error is returned. See attached "Screenshot_Format_SDCard_Failure_As_Internal_Storage.png" picture for error message.
Other Important Issues:
  • Clicking the Back arrow in the Material Design navigation in the "Performance" category of the Settings options results in "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped" (see attached "Screenshot_Crash_Settings_Performance.png" picture for illustration). Using the hardware back button does not result in an error.
  • "Select USB Configuration" in "Developer options" state resets to "Charging" after reboot. Also, although the USB configuration status may have reset to Charging after reboot, MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is always used on boot, regardless as to what the "Select USB Configuration" option was previously set to prior to boot.
  • SELinux not Enforced

Lesser Issues:
  • Manually Scanning for network operators results in integer numbers provided rather than network names.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Format_SDCard_Failure_Portable_Storage.png
    Screenshot_Format_SDCard_Failure_Portable_Storage.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 436
  • Screenshot_Format_SDCard_Failure_As_Internal_Storage.png
    Screenshot_Format_SDCard_Failure_As_Internal_Storage.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 292
  • Screenshot_Crash_Settings_Performance.png
    Screenshot_Crash_Settings_Performance.png
    50 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Back