• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Aloysius 2.0v12

ok im new im still not sure which is the latest full rom

click on the highlighted arrow for it :D

Crap, it resized too small to see, just go to the V12 box, find the arrow to the right, and click it to get the ROM

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-07-12 at 9.18.22 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-07-12 at 9.18.22 PM.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 67
Upvote 0
Ok I just Flashed this ROM and I'm lovin' it, however, I've noticed that I donjt have the stock sounds, ringtones, notifications, etc.. I saw an audio zip file and I tried to flash it but all I get is an "installation aborted" Am I doing something wrong? what can I do to fix this? :(

Never Mind !! :D

How did get that file to install? I can't figure it out -

Upvote 0
just unzip the file in to the memory card and ur phone will find the audio files like they have always been there :D

Thanks - works like a charm - how cool is this ROM? By the way, as some of you guys know this ROM will not show Verizon Voice Mail notifications because it's a Sprint based ROM - I've tried the youmail.com service and it's pretty cool - don't know if it will work for everyone, but i'm sold so far - very happy camper am I -

Upvote 0
I love this ROM. Does anyone use any other add-ons or themes with it? I really like the phone bar at the bottom of the screen on Sense-able. I wonder if there's anyway to incorporate that? It's really the only part of the ROM I'd like to modify.

Is it possible to mix features? I'm still learning this!

Also, for some reason, the present phone icon at the bottom of the screen is just white. Shouldn't it be blue? Hmm.

Upvote 0
are you talking about ivans-apn and 3dpatch? The first one is to fix broken mms in the rom. if yours isnt working, search apn backup in the thread, it will tell you how to use it because i dont think its a flashable zip.

the 3d patch is to enable live wallpapers on the rom. this is a flashable update but if you flash this patch it will break your weather animations from the htc homescreen clock. if you want both to work, you can copy an egl.cfg file from evil eris rom and that fixes everything. search egl in the thread and it tells you how to make it work and has a link to download the egl file.

For your rosie, you can change to the blue one by downloading v12 (i think, or might be snow version) and pulling the rosie from that rom and pushing it to the system/app folder. To get it to work tho, you need to set the user permissions on it by using root explorer or a chmod command from adb. long press the file in root explorer to set permissions after you have copied it. This is how i got the blue phone icon with my v11 aloysius

Reactions: Bswartz95
Upvote 0
are you talking about ivans-apn and 3dpatch? The first one is to fix broken mms in the rom. if yours isnt working, search apn backup in the thread, it will tell you how to use it because i dont think its a flashable zip.

the 3d patch is to enable live wallpapers on the rom. this is a flashable update but if you flash this patch it will break your weather animations from the htc homescreen clock. if you want both to work, you can copy an egl.cfg file from evil eris rom and that fixes everything. search egl in the thread and it tells you how to make it work and has a link to download the egl file.

For your rosie, you can change to the blue one by downloading v12 (i think, or might be snow version) and pulling the rosie from that rom and pushing it to the system/app folder. To get it to work tho, you need to set the user permissions on it by using root explorer or a chmod command from adb. long press the file in root explorer to set permissions after you have copied it. This is how i got the blue phone icon with my v11 aloysius

Thanks for the info. I don't need live wallpapers, so I'm not going to worry about that. As far as the blue phone icon. This process seems above my head. I do have v12 installed, but it's still white. I'm not sure how to "pull the rosie" and "push it to system/app folder". Haha. I will do some research.

Thanks again. Much appreciated. I really like this blue theme from Kevlar Mash. It's amazing what we can do to our phones!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones