• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Asus MeMO Pad HD7 US Stock Flashable ROMs

BSydz

Android Expert
Asus MeMO Pad HD7 US:

BSydz Asus MeMO Pad HD7 US Stock Flashable ROMs

You will not only be able to get all of the updates but this can be rooted through custom recovery, unless you choose otherwise. Rooting can be done any time after with all current custom recoveries. Just boot to recovery and choose reboot phone and it will give you the option again.

INSTALLATION:
If you have never flashed a ROM before, I urge you to follow this guide to backup http://androidforums.com/memo-pad-h...ad-hd7-us-backup-restore-unlock-recovery.html

For those that have a custom recovery already installed.

1. Copy Zip to SD card
2. Boot to Recovery
3. Make a Nandroid Backup
4. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
Install zip>choose zip from sdcard
6. Choose
ME173X-US-Stock.........zip
7. Confirm
Reboot
9. Choose whether or not to root and keep recovery
Enjoy

4.2.1:

4.2.2:
Make sure to disable recovery flash when exiting recovery, or you will get stuck on stock recovery unless you have root.

Wish I been noticed your work on AF... would havesavedme from using the wrong versions (ww) but I suppose your files could saveme

ME173X_WW_user_4.2.4.72702_20131128
I've installed.
ASUS Memo Pad HD 7 disable Bluetooth & WiFi icon does not work.
Please help me.

K00U_WW_user _4.2.4.28680_20131023
I've installed.

Bluetooth & WiFi works.

Asus MeMO Pad HD7 US:

BSydz Asus MeMO Pad HD7 US Stock Flashable ROMs

I finally found a place where I can really thank you. Thanks!:D

I have the US version of this device, and your stock rom files made it possible for me to get back to a fully updated system that will continue to OTA update, can be rooted (Framaroot), and has your CWM recovery as an added bonus.

I should mention that using your files from Mediafire, and following the instructions there, I was not able to boot after flashing the locked preloader (permanent black screen no matter what I tried to do). At first I thought I had really succeeded in bricking it, but fortunately it was solvable. I had to flash the unlocked preloader and then I could get it to boot.

Also, after losing connection during a flashtool backup of my fully updated system, I had to disconnect the battery to get things working again. That was another scary moment.

(Hmm, maybe I should quit while I'm still ahead.) :rolleyes:

Thanks again for your good work and for making it available to all of us.

Back
Top Bottom