• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Behold II 1.6 (RSF) ~ TouchWiz Lite

Other than the obvious backend recovery stuff, how is this different from the other 1.6 ROMS from summer, like bearsfan85's and microhaxo's? Does it perform better?

I just installed the EXT2 recovery and cookie cutter rom last weekend and thought that phone boot-up time was dramatically improved for me. Was running the bearsfan rom previously. This was the first time I'd ever used ADB for anything, and I reformatted my phone/sd partitions along with the new recovery, so I can't say if the boot-up performance improvement is due to the memory reformatting or the cookie cutter rom itself. I am not overclocking, and (after only a few days use) the battery life seems as good or better than older roms, but this is possibly because I haven't reloaded every application back onto my phone so I have less apps running in the background.

I have both. =) If I get permission from Eugene, can I send you the framework file to work on?

Bearsfan85 was working on a framework...but IDK what happened. He stopped communication in the middle of it. =(

If you use the cpu settings it depends. You can underclock the cpu or overclock it. so honestly it depends on how you set up the rom.

I overclocked it. It's much much faster than the previous roms but much much worse battery life.

Example:
With bearsfan85/microhaxo roms I got a benchmark of 210 (rfs version)
With the BH_MAN / Eugene roms overclocked I got a benchmark of 667 (I used the ext2 version)

This rom is based off of Eugenes roms so you have an overclocking option (with use of setcpu application).

How did you get setcpu to work for you ? I dloaded the latest setcpu from xda-developers, and using both the RFS from Eugene and this rom I was unable to get root for SetCPU.

Aren't these ROM already pre-rooted ?

Also, will this ROM auto A2SD ?

@Beholdthis: Thank you....I wasn't clear on if this was an OC KRNL or not.

Just the same....I ended up using the old fashioned

playlogo
playlogo_real

files from the NEW_A2SD.zip thread to move stuff over..

Now to just wait for the OC Krnl once more and take it for a spin.

I'll you give this, Sir.....very NICE theming....very nice indeed.

Could someone explain how to get a2sd on this rom? im running low on sapce and i really want to transfer everything since i download a ton of stuff everyday. by the way i would reccomend using adw ex launcher later on if there are any update. That laucher is really nice. just got a two days ago and it runs smooth most of time even with the animations.

Could someone explain how to get a2sd on this rom? im running low on sapce and i really want to transfer everything since i download a ton of stuff everyday. by the way i would reccomend using adw ex launcher later on if there are any update. That laucher is really nice. just got a two days ago and it runs smooth most of time even with the animations.

Hit up this link....

A2SD

and grab the "NEW_a2sd_NEW.zip" file linked towards the bottom of the 1st post.

I used Option 1, and just adb'd the files over to the /system/bin, chmod'd both of them, and then rebooted the phone.

Once you're back to the desktop, your /system/data will be symlinked to the EXT3 partition on the SD card.

This is assuming you created the SD-EXT partition using either BH_Man's Recovery to create/format it, or some other drive partitioning tool on the uSD card itself with an adapter of some sort.

Have it a go...or just wait until BH_Man releases his next release.

Just flashed the rom, Its Awsome!!! One thing though trying to use SetCPU and I get the allow thing from superuser but then it says read only in SetCPU. Help?

The battery life is decent probably one day on normal use

and also @ milee

this Rom has an excellent theme interface and also is quick and all bloatware is removed. This Rom also contains root and you'll see a special surprise when you boot up the phone.

Back
Top Bottom