• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 6/27/2014

phenomx4

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
This is a beta release of CyanogenMod 11 for the Optimus Elite so please don't expect this to be 100% stable. You may get random reboots and lockups or you may not. Before flashing this rom I recommend you make a NAND backup just in case.

About (Taken from Cyanogenmod website)

CyanogenMod (pronounced sigh-AN-oh-jen-mod), is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices (See above for supported devices & how to install CyanogenMod on said devices). Based on the Android Open Source Project, CyanogenMod is designed to increase performance and reliability over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers such as Google, T-Mobile, HTC, etc. CyanogenMod also offers a variety of features & enhancements that are not currently found in these versions of Android.

What works:

• Audio/speaker phone
  • Headset/headphones
  • Calls and texts
  • Touchscreen
  • Lights/brightness
  • Offline charging
  • External SD
  • Bluetooth
  • Wifi
  • Proximity sensor
  • Overclocking
  • Mass storage

What's partially working:

• NFC ( NFC tags and google wallet are non functional.)

What's not working:

• You tell me.

Issues:

• you may have random reboots or lock ups or you may not.
  • Google Wallet doesn't work and opening it causes nfc to not work until you do a reboot. Will fix this soon.

Want to report a issue you are having with the rom? Then use getlogs.
[APP] GetLogs - Get dmesg, logcat, radio, etc with one click! - xda-developers

Will update this post later

Change Log
HTML:
6-27-2014
synced up with latest source.

5-13-2014
synced with latest source

5-6-2014
synced latest source
Fixed camera.

5-5-2014

Initial release

Credits and thanks:
Cyanogenmod
LG
Dorregaray
G60madman
Downthemachine

Giantpune
Starkraving

and everyone else I missed.

Patches:

HTML:
http://d-h.st/oRA

Gapps:

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading 6-2_GApps_Minimal_4.4.3_signed.zip

Google Maps 6.14.4: (This version is the latest version that we can use without graphical glitches seen in the new ones.)

Dev-Host - Maps_6.14.4.apk - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Virgin Mobile:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B677MEy8kMa5WXZPM19UbG9BQkE/edit?usp=sharing

Sprint:

Dev-Host - cm-11-20140626-UNOFFICIAL-ls696.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Screenshots:

Comming Soon

While donating is not required to use this rom it's always appreciated
Donations:

Damn, the day I decide to go back to stock is the day this pops up.
Guess I'll flash this and give it a go once it's up

Downloading now :). Love Cyanogenmod so hopefully I can keep this on the phone if theres no apparent issues.

Edit: Posted that before reading through the whole OP. Apparently I wont be downloading now but I'll keep an eye on the thread lol.

The build I was going to upload has a problem with video playback. I'm testing out the newest one out now and hopefully it's solve. Weird that it worked before I synced up the latest source.

Okay, I added links.

I believe I may have fixed the audio skipping issue and video playback. Also had to trim some things to make room for gapps to fit in the system partition.

Bluetooth works! Right off the cuff. Great! I haven't connected anything yet (at work) but the scanner spins and it detected a few things I wouldn't want to connect to! Found a BT headset at work and it worked great!

And, I hated that holo button thing (and couldn't figure out how to rid myself of it) - hopefully that's not present here.

I did a full wipe (no biggie since not much set up).

Updating everything.

Some things for others to note:
1. Checking for updates is enabled by default (probably can't work)
2. Reporting to Cyanogenmod is on by default

What I can't find (4.2.2 or Sleipnir had):
1. Settings for making the Apps scroll vertically. I prefer that to pagination.
2. Options to update what's shown on the power off screen.
3. Couldn't install my own ghetto old version of Swype (without Dragon). Could not do this on any of the 4.2.2 releases either, so I may have to give up that dream.
4. Camera - no HDR? When I saw that in 4.2.2 that was amazing.

Oddities
1. Old Time Radio app (simple thing) fails consistently. I don't need it, but it's nice. :)
2. Phone seems to slow down pretty hard... Garbage collection? Takes a long time for some responses (tens of seconds)
3. Candy Crush is slow. On 4.2.2 it was smoking fast. Performance options, maybe? Related to #2?
4. After a reboot (battery pull, actually), CC is fast. Old Time Radio works fine too.

Bluetooth works! Right off the cuff. Great! I haven't connected anything yet (at work) but the scanner spins and it detected a few things I wouldn't want to connect to! Found a BT headset at work and it worked great!

And, I hated that holo button thing (and couldn't figure out how to rid myself of it) - hopefully that's not present here.

I did a full wipe (no biggie since not much set up).

Updating everything.

Some things for others to note:
1. Checking for updates is enabled by default (probably can't work)
2. Reporting to Cyanogenmod is on by default

What I can't find (4.2.2 or Sleipnir had):
1. Settings for making the Apps scroll vertically. I prefer that to pagination.
2. Options to update what's shown on the power off screen.
3. Couldn't install my own ghetto old version of Swype (without Dragon). Could not do this on any of the 4.2.2 releases either, so I may have to give up that dream.
4. Camera - no HDR? When I saw that in 4.2.2 that was amazing.

Oddities
1. Old Time Radio app (simple thing) fails consistently. I don't need it, but it's nice. :)
2. Phone seems to slow down pretty hard... Garbage collection? Takes a long time for some responses (tens of seconds)
3. Candy Crush is slow. On 4.2.2 it was smoking fast. Performance options, maybe? Related to #2?
4. After a reboot (battery pull, actually), CC is fast. Old Time Radio works fine too.
Make sure you close programs you're not using anymore by using the recents list and swiping them away. Performance settings is there but hidden by default. You need to tap the build number 5 times in settings>about phone to show it. The camera HDR is something the CM team has to add. The keyboard already has the swype function.

This is a beta release of CyanogenMod 11 for the Optimus Elite so please don't expect this to be 100% stable. You may get random reboots and lockups or you may not. Before flashing this rom I recommend you make a NAND backup just in case.

About (Taken from Cyanogenmod website)

CyanogenMod (pronounced sigh-AN-oh-jen-mod), is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices (See above for supported devices & how to install CyanogenMod on said devices). Based on the Android Open Source Project, CyanogenMod is designed to increase performance and reliability over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers such as Google, T-Mobile, HTC, etc. CyanogenMod also offers a variety of features & enhancements that are not currently found in these versions of Android.

What works:

• Audio/speaker phone
  • Headset/headphones
  • Calls and texts
  • Touchscreen
  • Lights/brightness
  • Offline charging
  • External SD
  • Bluetooth
  • Wifi
  • Proximity sensor
  • Overclocking
  • Mass storage

What's partially working:

• NFC ( NFC tags and google wallet are non functional.)

What's not working:

• You tell me.

Issues:

• you may have random reboots or lock ups or you may not.
  • Google Wallet doesn't work and opening it causes nfc to not work until you do a reboot. Will fix this soon.

Want to report a issue you are having with the rom? Then use getlogs.
[APP] GetLogs - Get dmesg, logcat, radio, etc with one click! - xda-developers

Will update this post later

Change Log
HTML:
5-5-2014

Initial release

Credits and thanks:
Cyanogenmod
LG
Dorregaray
G60madman
Downthemachine

Giantpune
Starkraving

and everyone else I missed.

Patches:

HTML:

Gapps:

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading 4-16_GApps_Minimal_4.4.2_signed.zip

Google Maps 6.14.4: (This version is the latest version that we can use without graphical glitches seen in the new ones.)

Dev-Host - Maps_6.14.4.apk - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Virgin Mobile:
Dev-Host - vm696cm-11-20140505-UNOFFICIAL-.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Sprint:

Dev-Host - ls696cm-11-20140505-UNOFFICIAL-.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Screenshots:

Comming Soon

While donating is not required to use this rom it's always appreciated
Donations:

Random reboots... After a full wipe. May be caused by overclocking... Unless the Max CPU Freq is supposed to be 1024 mhz.

Idiotic things:
1. Where is the recent apps list hidden to swipe away? Easy to find on my tablet... Not on phone
2. I prefer Swype to Google's keyboard (the keys are bigger and the wrong word handling is better). I prefer the old Swype since it didn't have any heavy Dragon / voice built in. Right now, I'm using SlideIT since it's almost as good as Swype, but much less heavy.

Idiotic things:
1. Where is the recent apps list hidden to swipe away? Easy to find on my tablet... Not on phone
2. I prefer Swype to Google's keyboard (the keys are bigger and the wrong word handling is better). I prefer the old Swype since it didn't have any heavy Dragon / voice built in. Right now, I'm using SlideIT since it's almost as good as Swype, but much less heavy.

The old swype should be in the stock rom zip.

I'm pretty sure you can set ringtones with Apollo or you can use any filemanager and copy the files to system/media/audio/ringtones or notifications.

The ringtone is not making the correct sound.....
I tried putting them in
system/media/audio/ringtones and notification and i tried an app called Set as ringtone.

It just makes a dinging sound not the music it should play.

Back
Top Bottom