• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] CM9 alpha 1.0 is out

Martimus

One bite at a time...
Dalingrin posted to Google+ this evening that Alpha 1 has been released. This is a special Alpha release containing the hardware accelerated video decoding. Dalingrin stated that this code likely won't be integrated into the nightlies until testing can be completed to insure that it does not break any other devices.

The most recent touchscreen improvements have also been included in this release.

NOTE: Youtube HD and local media is supposed to work (for the most part) but NETFLIX does not, at this time, work.

[Release][Alpha1] CyanogenMod 9 Touchpad - RootzWiki

Dalingrin posted to Google+ this evening that Alpha 1 has been released. This is a special Alpha release containing the hardware accelerated video decoding. Dalingrin stated that this code likely won't be integrated into the nightlies until testing can be completed to insure that it does not break any other devices.

The most recent touchscreen improvements have also been included in this release.

NOTE: Youtube HD and local media is supposed to work (for the most part) but NETFLIX does not, at this time, work.

[Release][Alpha1] CyanogenMod 9 Touchpad - RootzWiki
Form an orderly queue............ behind me, that is. ;)
Those Cyanogenmod guys are doing a stirling job.

Will be nice when they have this working with the 3.0 kernel.

How's stability? That was the main issue.
Depends on your definition of stabillity.

On 0.6 I've only had screen touch unresponsive once for example, and yesterday a cycling reboot on the touchstone when charging on low battery (but then I've seen something similar running under WebOs)

Sounds like you have to edit a file, and they removed the " battery percentage". I think I will just sit a Alpha .06 for awhile.

The buildprop edit to enable the better video setting is easily changed by installing Root Tools from Market. Then swipe to left until buildprop Editor is visible. Then find and change your setting.

Installed alpha 1 and really no difference from previous nightly build, but I haven't viewed (nor do I normally) any videos.

Not that I noticed. Scrolling seems the same.

Battery life seems very good, but that's probably b/c I fixed my wake lock that was keeping it from sleep. 100% to 99 after 90 minutes idle... didn't think that was too bad.

Not that I noticed. Scrolling seems the same.

Battery life seems very good, but that's probably b/c I fixed my wake lock that was keeping it from sleep. 100% to 99 after 90 minutes idle... didn't think that was too bad.

What did you do to fix your wake lock?

If you have battery issues with a new rom and something doesn't work, check it out. In my case it was one or both of these apps: https://market.android.com/develope...=W251bGwsbnVsbCxudWxsLDUwMSwibGlnaHQuQXBwIl0.

All I did was go to settings... apps... running and see what was running that I didn't need. I saw LightSensorName (which just sends certain specs of your device to the dev) running. I knew the other one, which I purchased and quit working with the nightlies, didn't work so I uninstalled LSN and set CaseSwitch, which I'd like to get working, to not start at boot. Problem fixed, 99% left after 90 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom