• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rom Dump

D

Deleted User

I have searched around about this topic, but couldn't find any instructions that were very clear. I just got my hands on a M835 direct from Metro and I want to dump the rom so that I will have a factory fresh recovery for when I want to "start from scratch". Can anyone advise me on this? Any help would be appreciated and any results will be shared with the community. Thanx in advance.

Maybe, I have cwm and it works, I don't get the "error: can't mount "datadata" can't find "datadata"" or whatever and my backup restores perfectly including ext partitions.

QUICK TIP!
When flashing from an a2sd enabled rom to an a2sd enabled rom (e.g. mate35 to cm7 or vice verce) you can restore apps from your SD cards ext partition by opening terminal emulator and typing in "su" and allowing super user permission then typing "a2sd remove" phone will go nuts (matrix style in this piece!) And reboot (sometimes it doesn't reboot... give it 5min and reboot manually.).
All apps that were on the Sd .Ext will be on your phone. It transfers to ANY darktremmor a2sd enabled rom, most cyanogen mods for the ascend, optimus (M,C and possibly others but I haven't tested yet) and m835. I have cross transferred from and to these specific phones and the only issue I have had is with a solitaire app that got stuck displaying at m835 size on the ascend.

Upvote 0
I think I have the same problem. I've installed ROM Manager and from there CWM recovery. There was no errors and it appears like recovery is installed Ok but when I back up current ROM the phone reboots real fast and then it turns out that there is no back up file anywhere on SD card. Also I've tride to boot into recovery manualy but the phone boots into stock ROM. Any ideas anyone?

Upvote 0
I think I have the same problem. I've installed ROM Manager and from there CWM recovery. There was no errors and it appears like recovery is installed Ok but when I back up current ROM the phone reboots real fast and then it turns out that there is no back up file anywhere on SD card. Also I've tride to boot into recovery manualy but the phone boots into stock ROM. Any ideas anyone?

Follow this post :)

http://androidforums.com/m835-all-things-root/459365-please-tell-me-its-not-bricked.html#post3604616

Reactions: gosha
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones