• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rom dump?

Snake X

Android Expert
Hello. I'm new to things as far as rom dev but i figured I should take on my first real project which will be deodexing this. I'll try to follow a tutorial or get help by asking around. I also want to poke around at some of the apk's. Is deodexing a rom a task that someone new to rom developing can accomplish? I do however have knowledge on how the android os works and how the kernel works as well.

If you are rooted and have recovery installed, would you mind making a backup and uploading the system.img and boot.img somewhere? I would like to look at the shipped version. Also, dsixa htc kitchen will deodex it for you

aww.. I thought it would be a little more advanced than that :p

Yeah im basically looking for the same thing

What's a good service to upload it for free? The system.img is almost 700MB. If there's no free options I could create a torrent.

Scratch that request. I ended up getting ahold of the shipped ruu. I posted it in the sticky here. My Rom is based off the shipped rom

For file hosting, I recommend dev-host.org, goo.im, or Android File Host (I think that's their name). You'll find that a lot of devs and dev groups prefer those three hosts, too, as there's no throttling or free user limits.

Back
Top Bottom