• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom Info] Anti-Hero 1.7 by fuser-invent (Updated)

bubbasd

Rom's For Novo 10 Hero Only This is fuser-invent's post's below download/other links take out by me the source is where you'll find them below. Updated correction made

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ROM] Anti-Hero by fuser-invent
9996d1360374978-rom-anti-hero-fuser-invent-gr2dvzy.jpg

ANTI-HERO v1.7 by fuser-invent
--- Hybrid ROM Based on Official Stock 0308 Firmware and CM10 ---

NOTE: You should no longer need the comp zip or gsensor fix zip as this ROM is based on the newest stock firmware now.

What is this ROM?

This is the initial release, it works well on my Ainol Hero but may not work great on yours. If you'd like to share this ROM, please link back to this page so that people can easily get updates.

This is a totally stripped down version of the Official Stock 0128 Firmware and some elements of CM10. As of now this custom ROM can only be flashed if you have upgraded to the stock 0128 firmware. There are different g-sensors in different batches of the Ainol Hero, it is unclear so far how to determine the correct build.prop settings to get a fully functional g-sensor without personal experimentation. Unless you have the same batch Hero as I do, you will most likely need to change your build.prop settings to fix your g-sensor. I am collecting data so that I can hopefully make flashable zips in the future to automatically change your build.prop for you.

Here is my devices info:

Hero build number: 20130116
G-Sensor: mma8452
Build.prop Settings for G-Sensor:
Code:

ro.sf.gsensorposition=5
bma250.sf.gsensorposition=0
mma8452.sf.gsensorposition=5

Hero build number: 20121116
If your g-sensor does work try changing build prop line:
Code:
ro.sf.gsensorposition=5

to:
Code:
ro.sf.gsensorposition=0

G-Sensor Calibration Problems

There is now a flashable zip for 1116 build Hero! It's only based on feedback from two users, so please leave a comment if you find different settings work for you. The zip can be found in the main folder.

Although I have provided a g-sensor fixing zip for some Hero's, a small hand-full of Hero users have needed alternative methods to change re-calibrate their g-sensors. Check the links in this post and the apk in this post. Both were submitted by maxmax316. Also LexaR has posted a BMA Calibration app found in this post.

-----

This is not a direct port of my Crystal Clear ROM for the Ainol Crystal tablet but does contain a lot of the same elements. This is essentially a repack/kang/hybrid or whatever you want to call it. The core of ROM is the official firmware but I have baked in a lot of fixes/tweaks/mods.

I am not a real developer, just an amateur who learns very quickly. I used to know C++ pretty well about 14 years ago when I was a teenager but have subsequently forgotten almost all of it and I haven't done much coding since with the exception of some website maintenance. With that in mind and the fact that the purpose of this ROM is to keep things light and smooth and mostly bug free, know that I'm not going to add a lot of things back in that I've taken out. Christian Troy's CyanogenMod ports are great and probably have anything that you can't find in my ROM.

Thank You

Thanks to Soulflier, Christian Troy and Fards for all their hard work and getting me started. I wouldn't have been able to make my edits and changes without looking at their work or using their scripts to sign/unpack/re-pack/decompile/compile stuff.

Thanks to tigger-gg for helping me learn how to make the compatibility zips, add extra languages and having someone to bounce ideas off of and just being an awesome person.

Thanks to pierwiastekz2 for the default wallpaper designs and working on a new default wallpaper and bootanimation for a future release.

Also thanks to everyone in the community who has found and posted fixes/mods/tweaks in the forums and have made a donation.

The current ANTI-HERO ROM team is:

If you'd like to join the team please send me a PM.

• fuser-invent - Development & Beta Testing
  • ant-uk - Development & Beta Testing
  • pierwiastekz2 - Graphic Design

I hope you end up enjoying the speed, usability and versatility of this ROM. Please take a minute to leave a comment or hit the thank you button and let me know how you like it.

Before you flash...

Please read everything and don't ask questions that are already answered in these posts unless you are absolutely stuck. Every question that is asked that is already answered here just takes more time away from actual firmware development and improving this ROM.

All the usually warnings about not being responsible for what you do with your device and what my ROM might do to your device apply.

• You must have already upgraded to the 0128 stock firmware to flash this ROM. Use the official 0128 stock firmware package and recovery to upgrade. DO NOT USE TWRP at this stage! Boot into stock 0128 and then shut down.
  • Use the most recent UBIFS version TWRP recovery that Christian Troy made for the 0128 Hero firmware to flash the remaining Anti-Hero files. Anything Anti-Hero related that you flash must be flashed from this recovery or you will end up with a lot of problems because of the messed up way Ainol has been dealing with their bootloaders. Extract the "uImage_recovery" file and place it on your external SD card to boot into TWRP instead of the stock recovery.
  • Flash the ANTI-HERO ROM package first.
  • Flash the Compatibility zip second.
  • Flash the Additional Apps package if you want to.
  • There will be SD card switcher packages and other add-ons in the future.
  • Reboot - The first boot can take a minute or two so be patient.

There is an extended flashing guide at the end of this post for newbies to the world of Android.

Download Links
You can access the folder with all the ROM zips here.

I will be added mirrors soon thanks to mp4 and Android Tablet Firmware's website.

TWRP packages are located here. Thanks to Christian Troy for these. You want to use the one called TWRP-2.3.3.0-hero_0128.rar

The Additional Apps Package is here.

Stock Recovery and Firmware is here.
The recovery files are also inside the stock firmware zip files but I'm providing them separately in case you only need the recovery, so you don't need to download the whole firmware package.

Below are explanations of the zip files for the custom ANTI-HERO ROM.

ANTI-HERO v1.5 ROM

The ROM package now also contains the Google Apps package.

Compatibility Zips

As of now there is only the 0128 firmware package. In the future you will need to flash the correct compatibility zip for the firmware you are on or you can update your firmware to a specific version and then flash using that TWRP and compatibility package.

SD Card Swap Zips

There will be SD card swap packages in the future. You can use your external card as your internal card or swap it back to normal. This replaces the vold.stab file that tells the tablet where to mount the sd cards.

Additional Apps Package

Installs to data/app for easy uninstall or market update. Some apps aren't on the market because they are modded or XDA editions.

Fingerprints

Alternative fingerprints are now available. By default the ROM is seen by the Google Play Store as a Nexus 7 for market compatibility. You can go from "Nexus 7 -> SGS3" or "Nexus 7 -> SGT10.1" but you can't go from "SGS3 <-> SGT10.1" because the scripts use 'sed' code to replace specific build.prop lines.

Credit where credit is due
This ROM is rooted by SuperSU v1.25

Although this ROM does not actually contain any of the these packages, it does contain init.d scripting ideas from the following:

• CrossBreeder-Entropy Lag Reduce/DNS Speedup
    [*]Seeder Entropy Generator
    [*]RPEngine

--------------------------------------------------------
I added this Legend for post below New Completed details.
---------------------------------------------------------

Changelog

ANTI-HERO v1.6

• Added Extended Power Menu
  • CPU init.d scripts are back and working
  • Defaulted back to 3G / Ethernet / Data enabled
  • Removed 3G / Ethernet / Data enabler zip
  • Updated Additional Apps package
  • Improved some wifi issues

ANTI-HERO v1.4

• Removed Tapatalk HD Beta from the additional apps package since it's now been officially released as a paid version in the app store. It's way better than the non-tablet version so check it out
  • Removed some other apps from the additional apps package that are now working fine when downloaded from the app store, so no need for special versions
  • Removed Titanium Backup from additional apps package because it was causing issues
  • Added Catlog app to additional apps package
  • Moved ROM Toolbox lite to data/app in the ROM package and added ES File Explorer as another root browser option
  • Rolled back Terminal app to a working version
  • Cleaned up a large amount of unused stuff in the ROM package.
  • Changed default settings on first start; haptic feedback off, display timeout set to 2 minutes instead of 1 minute, allow installation of apps from unknown sources, etc.
  • Revised Kernel and Dalvik VM init.d scripts. Better lag reduction and overall performance.
  • Added Network tweaks to init.d from RPEngine2.
  • Flashable zip to fix rotation on 1116 build Hero tablets.

ANTI-HERO v1.3 - Initial Release

Fixed Gameloft License Loops
Disabled all data except Wifi
Added additional languages/locales
Added bootanimation and defualt wallpaper

ANTI-HERO v1.2 - Private Beta

Fixed low volume on the microphone
Improve picture and video streaming quality
Added the Battery Percentage Mod

ANTI-HERO v1.1 - Private Beta

Added gapps package
Added Nexus 7 fingerprint
Clocked CPU to 1.2Ghz

ANTI-HERO v1.0 - Closed Beta

Initial deodexing and setup of 0128 firmware
Porting ROM to work with TWRP
Added Root
Created first Compatibility Zip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features and To-Do List - Blue is Completed

ANTI-HERO ROM - Based on 0128 firmware and CM10

Edits to the build.prop

• Gameloft Compatibility for most games
    [*]Gameloft license loop fix for games like Asphalt 7
    [*]Screen Response and Sensitivity Tweaks
    [*]Performance Tweaks
    [*]Wifi Tweaks
    [*]Google Nexus 7 Fingerprint
    [*]Default United States, EST time zone and English
    [*]Hide Android Debug Icon and ADB enabled by default
    [*]Video & JPEG Quality Tweaks
    [*]Disable all data except wifi

Init.d Scripts

• Performance2 Governor Tweaks
    [*]Battery Life Tweaks
    [*]Internal SD Card Speed Tweaks
    [*]Overall Performance Tweaks

Features

• TWRP compatible
    [*]Compatibility patch for 0128 firmware
    [*]Rooted
    [*]Pre-Installed Light Google Apps Package
    [*]Removed Chinese and other unnecessary apps
    [*]Added In Terminal, Flash Player, YouTube, Skype and Netflix
    [*]Deodoxed Apps and Framework
    [*]Added init.d script support
    [*]Added data/app/ capability
    [*]Made typing on the keyboard not suck so bad
    [*]Improve scrolling and touch sensitivity
    [*]Set-up Wizard & Extended Language Packs
    [*]ZipAlign
    [*]Custom Boot Animation and Default Wallpaper - Thanks to pierwiastekz2 for the wallpaper!
    [*]Mic Volume Mod/Fix
    [*]Improved picture and video quality
    [*]Battery Percentage display
    [*]Additional Language Support
  • Alternative fingerprint zip
  • Custom Settings
  • Extended Power Menu

Planned Features

• Internal <-> External SD card swap zips
  • Alternative fingerprint zip
  • Compatibility zips for when you are flashing from other firmware versions
  • Easy install package or auto-flash package
  • Custom Settings
  • Home button to shortpress Back, longpress Home
  • Auto-hide status bar
  • Extended Power Menu

Planned Features

• Home button to shortpress Back, longpress Home
  • Auto-hide status bar

Future Development

• Add Governer

Bug Reports

- All Ainol Hero tablets seem to have g-sensor problems. When I get more information I will compile the build.prop changes necessary to get a functional g-sensor. There are reports on various forums about what build.prop changes work for different tablets but I and others still don't seem to know how to identify what settings to use without experimentation.

Hero build number: 20121116
If your g-sensor does work try changing build prop line:
Code:
ro.sf.gsensorposition=5
to:
Code:
ro.sf.gsensorposition=0
User Requests

Submit your requests.

User Submitted Mods/Tweaks/Zips

- Any cool user submitted content will be posted here.

Some 3G Dongles Kill WiFi
-Thanks to gybemark for figuring this out.

When you plug in the dongle, it adds a row to the 'secure' table in /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db with:
name='wifi_country_code'
value='gb'
If you use sqlite3 to delete this row (which isn't there at all by default in my stock ROM) the Wifi works again.

Getting unsupported 3G Dongles to work

A lot of people have reported success with the PPP Widget app.

Directory Bind for Internal -> External SD Card
- Thanks to tigger-gg for the suggestion

Go to the official page on the XDA forums for more info.

Tigger-gg suggests the DirectoryBind_0.2.0k.apk

G-Sensor Calibration Problems

Although I have provided a g-sensor fixing zip for some Hero's, a small hand-full of Hero users have needed alternative methods to change re-calibrate their g-sensors. Check the links in this post and the apk in this post. Both were submitted by maxmax316. Also LexaR has posted a BMA Calibration app found in this post.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source :ciao: Cheers .

Back
Top Bottom