• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROM Manager Flash to clockworkmod recovery not working

rgs

I've done numbers 1 and 2 in DanFrance's guide but when I get to number 3, I get "error downloading from server". Tried uninstalling and reinstalling ROM Manager but it made no difference. Tried going directly into Clockworkmod recovery but I don't see any choice there to partition the SD card. There was an option to format it which I did but it made no difference. Did some reading and searching but still don't see how to partition the card.

1) Backup your SD card contents to your PC
2) Install ROM manager from the Market.
3) In ROM manager, click "Flash Clockworkmod recovery"
4) Choose "Partition SD Card", select size as 512MB, Swap = 0
5) now you just need to flash your ROM with a2SD+ support.

Richard

When I go into Fix Permissions in Rom Manager it says an error occurred while attemptng to run privileged commands. But If I go into the Superuser app it says Rom Manager has permission.

I did some research and finally learned how to use Unrevoked with Amon Ra to partition card. There's a good guide here:

Desire Root & Flash: HTC - Root & Flash ROM

for anyone wanting to try it.
I was all ready to go with it when I tried the Rom Manager once more and this time it worked just fine. So I partitioned it in Rom Manager and I'm trucking on. Don't know why it started working though.
Richard

I was getting the same error in Rom manager the other day. It's fine now though. There have been quite a few updates for the app in the last few days, maybe one broke the function and another one fixed it

That's interesting, Gren. It would at least make some sense. It's always a bit spooky when things don't work and then start working despite your having done nothing.

Back
Top Bottom