• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROM not loading

Bankswood

Android Expert
OK I was afraid of this. I went to restore my Apex ROM last night and can't get ROM Manager to do it. When I go to ROM Manager and hit Manage/Restore pick my back up it goes into recovery for a moment then reboots with out installing. I tried to install the backup manually through Clockwork but it says no files. WTF.

This is not the end of the world but before I start reconstructing ROMs I want to make sure I can backup correctly.

try using root explorer and go into sdcard/clockworkmod/backup and see if the folder is there, if so see whats inside of it
to give you an idea my apex backups have 4 .img files (system, data, cache, and android_secure) and 1 nandroid.md5 file

Just to make sure...
In bootstrapp app you did click on "Bootstrap Recovery" and in ROM Manager on "Flash CWM Recovery"
Then usingg Bootstraper you got into CWM Recovery-->backup/restore--->restore--> your saved nandroid?

when you create nandroid by default name looks like that "2011-01-07-08.40.27" basically date and time you create your nandroid. But you can change name in ROM Manager (just don'y use space in nandroid name)

OK let's forget restoring the old nandroid. I have rebuilt the Apex 1.3 as I want it. Now I want to make sure I back it up correctly. Directions please?

Back
Top Bottom