• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][OA]2.3.20 [Final] [EXT4 + RFS] [Updated: 09/23/12]

Flashed this earlier tonight, but the theme still reflects Monster 5.3 (the wallpaper at least). If the standard OA theme is in there, I'll find it. I'll put this ROM through its paces tomorrow, I'll give it the full rundown (Navigation, bluetooth Pandora, etc, etc).

Very slick! MUCH improved battery life, and it's definitely faster. I should have read the entire thread about installing the non-OC RFS version though, Spz0 said to format data/cache/system before flashing this (had to re-flash, not a problem). Absolutely no problems with messaging, GPS, or making a simple phone call. Haven't had the opportunity to test bluetooth Pandora, but I have no doubt it should work.

For what it's worth, I was running the non-OC version of Monster 5.3. My battery was failing, and I think there was some minor corruption because of it. Monster 5.3 is an excellent ROM, but wanted to try OA based on the favorable comments here. I'm very glad I did! If you're on the fence about it, don't wait, you'll be glad you switched.

Edit: edit again: in light of my mistake I'll will be working on some finishing touches then posting the Purp Nurp theme :) thanks for the clarification. Hopefully we still have vitality users out there. Great rom by the way.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380036312845.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380036312845.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 207
Hey guys... Anyone got a copy of OA 2.3.20 oc ext4 rom that they can pm me or put on a host site like 4shared or devhost? I can't DL it from the op link from the Mega site.
Thanks!

I'll be updating the links soon. Should be up by tomorrow aft.
I'll try to get a hold of Kage so he can update the links.
Thanks for your patience.

Cheers!

i know this is months old but RC4 came out at its pretty good. i still have it installed atm... waiting to see cogra's master-piece tho.. this is made by kagebeast so you know is good.

i think the top devs left are:

Killah, KageBeast, cogra, and idk if i am missing anybody :P

I think he was asking about my rom, not someone else's?? Dunno, could have read it wrong. O.o
The tactful thing to do probably would have been to PM him that info instead of flaking my post and pissing me off first thing in the morning.

I
I think he was asking about my rom, not someone else's?? Dunno, could have read it wrong. O.o
The tactful thing to do probably would have been to PM him that info instead of flaking my post and pissing me off first thing in the morning.

I think he got confused between you and Kage. You rom is great no matter what anyone says. Also his shameless self advertising is sometimes sickening. I have much respect for Killah but Samsung use I sometimes tests that. But in the end I feel like hes just trying to help.

I

I think he got confused between you and Kage. You rom is great no matter what anyone says. Also his shameless self advertising is sometimes sickening. I have much respect for Killah but Samsung use I sometimes tests that. But in the end I feel like hes just trying to help.

Yeah i am sorry. Didn't mean to piss off anybody.. i got confused between kage and you because kage is the thread's OP but it seems like you are the maker/creator.. anyways now that i review my post i understand that it was meaningless and not relevant to this thread... hopefully you accept my apology.. i seriously did not notice what i was doing until now.. the least i would do is criticize your work or degrade it intentionally as i myself do not have the skills to make something as good or better than this ROM.

EDIT: By the way when i said "this is made by kagebeast so you know is good." i meant this was made by spz0, so you know is good, just in case you think i was saying your work is bad because its not... also is it possible we could get a kitkat theme :P

Cant get any type EXT Partition to mount. Running OA 2.3.20 EXT4 on sch-r720 Admire. Tried formatting with CWM 5.0.2.8 and also with Mini tool partition wizard. Newly created partition Will Mount ONCE, then once unmounted will never mount again. Link2sd says "Invalid Argument" , EZYMount just gives a mount error, no info.

Confirmed Busy Box loaded with Terminal Emulator.
Terminal Emulator says "ext not found"

Anyone have any info on this problem ??

I think you got it. Tried another 32G card and it will NEVER mount and MiniTool says it works but EXT Partition always comes out as "other" type. Tried 2 Gig card and SUCCESS-- Always mounts EXT. ( but card is too small)
These are all those crummy cheap all black sd cards. They say they are class 10 but not written on chip. I am ordering new sandisk / Sony cards for both phones and will see what happens.
Thanks for that tip.
Mike

no worries, you have no idea how many times a bad card has stumped me. not just on my phone but on gaming coles in particular. glad i could help :)

I flashed the OA 2.3.6.20 EXT4 OC ROM package zip a while back but haven't used the phone much at all since then.
ROM runs great by the way... But in having issues with it not connecting to Wi-Fi at all. It will scan and detect the network, try to connect and then will say that the network is "remembered" and start to rescan for networks again but just won't connect.

Anyone one else have this issue or possibly know of a solution?

Edit:
I did a factory data reset through recovery and then reflashed the ROM and MMS fix.zip, just to see if that would resolve the issue... No dice though, still won't connect to Wi-Fi.

Maybe I should try and test the non over clocked version and see if the Wi-Fi issue is still present.

Last edited:
I really do love OA 2.3.20 and it's a fantastic ROM and has been a top ROM for the Sammy Admire.
I hate to leave the ROM due to WiFi connection issues though. I'll flah the RFS version to night and see if it makes any differences in the Wi-Fi issue.

Back
Top Bottom