• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM+OC KERNEL] Open Android-SSH (Sorta Stock Hera) with Aroma Custom Installer [Updated 03/06]

Spz0

Android Expert
defaultwallpaper2.jpg

OA-SSH(Open Android Sorta-Stock)

Please read this post all the way through before installing. This will minimize /facepalm redundancies.

Well, theres not really much to say at this point except this is a good base for great things to come for Hera Devices.
I have packed up my ROM with the Aroma Installer, which will allow you to customize the ROM to your liking. More options will be added in the near future, so the customization options are endless. If you have any suggestions for additional options, be sure to post your opinion so I can see if it is viable or not.
A great feature of this ROM is the option to Return To Stock! Located in the Optional Components section, this will flash the stock ROM (still deodexed, sorry but Im not doubling the size of my ROM) as well as the stock kernel AND stock Android Recovery. Great for RMA's or warranty returns!!

When posting an issue, please provide the following:
Your issue
Steps to replicate the issue.

A personal request: Please refrain from asking about updates and when they are to be expected. When there is enough changed/fixed to warrant an update, rest assured I will put out an update. I have never left any of my ROMs open eneded, so expect updates at my discretion until I deem the project as "Closed".
Thanks!

With all that said, here you go.

Features:
-Stock, de-bloated and de-odexed
-Aroma Installer with Ability to Flash ROM and Optional Components, flash optional components, flash ROM only, or Return to stock.
-More Optional components added periodically (Root options, OC options [coming soon], Restore/remove Bloat, Google Apps installer, Pre-installed apps options, Return to Stock.).
-Universal carrier bits added (Able to install on multiple carriers with Minimal data issues) -UNTESTED
-A Few system tweaks
-New Boot Animation
-Option to install Xposed framework (in optional component install /add-on apps) You can learn more about Xposed and the endless ways you can now modify your rom here - - [FRAMEWORK ONLY!] Xposed - ROM modding without modifying APKs (2.4.1)(02.12.2013) - xda-developers (I'll be adding working and confirmed modules in the future - keep your eyes out!)
-OC Kernel (alpha) by CDZ @ 1.86Ghz stable
-Blacked out MMS.apk
-4.3 Gallery and Camera Integration
--4.3 Clock/Alarm/Timer
--4.3 Launcher
--Lockscreen Options to Restore ZTE or AOSP Lockscreens
--Launcher Options to Restore ZTE or 4.3 Laucher
NEW
--PhilZ Recovery
--Custom Boot Image
--OC Kernel will no longer default to 1.4Ghz!!

Being as Im a new Father as of October, I dont have a lot of time to custom modify my ROMs anymore like I use to, so thats why I opted for the Xposed framework. I have been testing many different modules over the last weeks and will be including some known working ones for tweaking statusbar, adding advanced power menu, etc... Once I get more time to tinker, I'll be hardcoding a lot of changes into my ROMs again as usual.

Disclaimer:
The usual.. I claim ZERO responsibility for bricked Devices. If you can't follow instructions or are not sure of how to install a custom ROM, Don't Do It!

Installation:
-Boot to CWM
-Run Installer
-Choose options in installer.
-Reboot
-Wait
-Profit!

Things to Note:
You may want to clear your Cache and re-install if you experience random screwballery after flashing.

Bug List:

​Download Links:

OA-SSH-v1.13-Spz0.zip | by Spz0 for Source N9511

~Cheers

<*>Current Change Log:</*>
<*>Version: 1.13</*>
<*>Build Date: 03/06/2014
-*Fixed the following:
--Fixed issue with return to stock which resulted in soft brick
--Fixed issue with OC kernel defaulting to 1.4Ghz -- will no longer default to 1.4!!
--Custom Boot Logo added.
-*Added the following:
--PhilZ Recovery added as option to installer

<*>Version: 1.11</*>
<*>Build Date: 01/30/2014
-*Added the following:
--4.3 Clock/Alarm/Timer
--4.3 Launcher
--AOSP Lockscreen Restoration
*-Added the following options to the installer:
--NEW Optional Components
---Lockscreen Options to Restore ZTE or AOSP Lockscreens
---Launcher Options to Restore ZTE or 4.3 Laucher
---Removed Pre-installed apps and replaced with "ZTE Bloatware"
----Option now to remove or restore ZTE Bloatware.

Version: 1.03
Build Date: 01/30/2014
-*OA-SSH -- <b>Open Android Sorta Stock</b> for the ZTE Source - aka HERA
-*Fully Debloated, Rooted, Deodexed and Optimized.
-*Blacked out MMS app
-*4.3 Camera and Gallery Integration (Volume key to take picture/video!!)
-*Google Apps removed
-*Optional Installer for the Following:
--Returning to Stock (stock rom, kernel AND/OR stock recovery)
--Installing OC/Stock Kernel ***SEE NOTES BELOW!!
--Root or Unroot device.
--Install Google Apps
--Install Pre-installed Factory Apps
--Custom App Installer
--Install CWM / Restore Stock Recovery
-*Choice of:
--Installing ROM + optional components
--Optional components only
--ROM only
--Return to Stock
--or Advanced Return to Stock (choice of restoring rom, recovery, kernel)
-*More Updates to come Soon!

****CDZ OC KERNEL ALPHA BUILD 103 NOTES****
-This Kernel is in Alpha Testing. Features and Known issues are as follows:
---Stable Overclock to 1.86Ghz
---2nd Core does not like to follow OC apps and will most likely stay at Max Value.
---During benchmarks, Both cores may default to 1.4Ghz
---Recommend using Kernel Tuner from the Play store to adjust cores independently
---As of now, no extra governors and io schedulers have been added.

Good. We'll be adding an alpha over clock version soon to the installer. A stable 1.8ghz with working wifi. There are technical bugs regarding core 2 speed and may not have extra governors. Look for that soon. Head on over to irc sometime Krsmqn, we cold use a tester. ;-)

I'll have something ready tonight. Im currently out with the fam atm. It'll be a teaser of the new kernel cooldudezach and I have been working on. :D tons of features

Sup.

I know its bad form, but Im going to release an update tonight or tomorrow.
Features include the following:
**4.3 Gallery Integration
**4.3 Camera Integration (ability to use volume keys to take pictures/videos)

***OC Kernel from CDZ. This Kernel is in Alpha status and has known issues that I will list below:
--Stable 1.86Ghz
--Core0 follows Overclock app, but Core1 has issues following OC app.
--During Benchmark stress testing, both cores (core1 more than core0) defaulted to 1.4Ghz periodically until the OC app refreshed and kicked it back up to max.
--Core1 tends to want to stick at Max value regardless of OC app.
--New updated Wifi drivers need to be installed for wifi to work. My installer takes care of that.
--Additional governors have not been added yet.

***Ability to flash OC kernel, or revert to stock kernel added as an optional component under "OC Options".

So with that said, I'll post a comment when the release is live.

Thanks!

I am releasing an update right now....

UPDATE:

... yeah... I got nothin'. I will be around more if you need anything. Great work so far! I am stoked for the future of this phone. :thumbup:

New Update Released.

Change Log
Current Change Log:
Version: 1.11
Build Date: 02/03/2014

-*Added the following:
--4.3 Clock/Alarm/Timer
--4.3 Launcher
--AOSP Lockscreen Restoration
*-Added the following options to the installer:
--NEW Optional Components
---Lockscreen Options to Restore ZTE or AOSP Lockscreens
---Launcher Options to Restore ZTE or 4.3 Laucher
---Removed Pre-installed apps and replaced with "ZTE Bloatware"
----Option now to remove or restore ZTE Bloatware.

See POST #1 For download Links, and Post #2 for complete Changelog.

is there a boostmobile option on this rom?? the warp4g (9510) is almost the same phone but different screen size and camera. I install this rom on my warp4g and it didnt work and the screen was off but i was able to scroll around using the volume keys and restart the phone like it worked but the screen size needed to be resized or programed? i used adb shell to restore the cwm on it.. I think just changing some settings could work on the warp4g

is there a boostmobile option on this rom?? the warp4g (9510) is almost the same phone but different screen size and camera. I install this rom on my warp4g and it didnt work and the screen was off but i was able to scroll around using the volume keys and restart the phone like it worked but the screen size needed to be resized or programed? i used adb shell to restore the cwm on it.. I think just changing some settings could work on the warp4g

The first issue is that the kernel is wrong, and so that's for sure going to cause issues including, but not limited to, the screen being off. It's also for a different carrier, so there are going to be cricket vs boost mobile apk and lib files that are different.

What CDZ said.

with my limited time, Im not going to be entertaining a boost mobile option. Just dont have that much time to dedicate to another rom atm, sry =\

What CDZ said.

with my limited time, Im not going to be entertaining a boost mobile option. Just dont have that much time to dedicate to another rom atm, sry =\

I am gonna attempt a port. Since Spz0 has given permission to use the rom name, im gonna tear this one apart, and get it booting on the Awe, and with some testers Boost Mobile Warp4G. Im starting now, downloading rom now lol

I think I've run into a snag in my updater-script regarding returning to stock, so dont release anything til u check with my on irc m8, I'll have an updated script for you to inject.

I am gonna attempt a port. Since Spz0 has given permission to use the rom name, im gonna tear this one apart, and get it booting on the Awe, and with some testers Boost Mobile Warp4G. Im starting now, downloading rom now lol
Remember, I have the Warp4G now, so I can also help test :)

So if you didnt read the main OP post, I took 1.11 offline due to a fatal error with "return to stock" feature. PLEASE DO NOT USE THAT FEATURE ON 1.11!!!!

I have reworked and corrected the error, as well as added a bunch more things to the ROM. I'll be releasing Version 1.13 in the next few days, Im just waiting on someone to finish something so I can pack it up in my installer. ;)

I'll post when the update goes live!

Thanks!!

Hi guys,

I bought a ZTE source in january and used it with the stock rom. Now, my studies in the US are done, I am back to France and want to give this phone to my girlfriend. The problem is that the system is in English, as well as the keyboard and the spellchecker.

Is the rom provided in this thread able to localize in French ?

Thank you for your answers.

Back
Top Bottom