• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Sapphire 2.0.0 (CCRoms)

ronaldramsayii

Android Enthusiast
Crystal Clear Roms dev team's latest for the Droid!!!!

If you like CyanogenMod and UltimateDroid.....you may like this to.....

Sapphire 2.0.0

Changelog:

2.0.0 Added simple Matroska container support [aosp]
Pulled in support for the Matroska media container from gingerbread.
This is somewhat buggy and will need to be worked on.

Removed all market apps from the build [cvpcs]
All market apps have been removed in favor of downloading them from
the market (ADW, Musicmod, Gmail, GoogleMaps, etc). The reason for
this is to promote stability by reducing issues updating these apps.
For apps that were once available in scriptybox, they have been removed
from the switchapk script pending a more stable method of replacing
system apps (which will be included later)

Bugfixes:
Fixed search button issue with google search from market [cvpcs]
Fixed music continuous skip (hopefully?) [cvpcs]
Fixed a problem with longpress back kill dialog [cvpcs]

Longpress BACK kills current process [evan charlton/cvpcs]
If users opt-in, long-pressing BACK will kill the current
foreground process. This setting can be modified in GEM
Settings.

New AppWidgetPicker [boombuler]
Groups widgets by package when selecting which ones to
place on the home screen.
Working, simple push notifications [cvpcs]
Push notifications are now working in a usable sense. At
this point, however, they are exteremely simplistic. They
will simply be used to notify users the moment an update
or patch is available, and clicking on the notification
simply opens a page in the browser to more information.
The app will be extended in the future to become more
robust. Push notifications were also moved into GEM Settings
so as not to clutter the launcher.

Bugfixes:
Fixed some problems with volume mounting [cuviper]

1.1.7 Updated SuperUser [cvpcs]
Moved to the more up-to-date SuperUser app by ChainsDD
included in CyanogenMod. This should allow installation
of updates from Market to work.

I already have loaded it up and I must say its a pretty nice rom. Not really much difference though compared to other roms with the same ideas in mind. Its fast but nothing original.

I already have loaded it up and I must say its a pretty nice rom. Not really much difference though compared to other roms with the same ideas in mind. Its fast but nothing original.

is this like CyanogenMod? I'm looking for screenshots but can't find any.

is this like CyanogenMod? I'm looking for screenshots but can't find any.

It has volume rocker music skip controls, but that's about the only immediate noticeable similarity. I personally, switch between cyanogenmod and sapphire only. Depends on whichever is newest.

I really like cyanogenmod's power controls in the notification bar, so I'm probably sticking with them for a while since it's something I constantly use.

It has volume rocker music skip controls, but that's about the only immediate noticeable similarity. I personally, switch between cyanogenmod and sapphire only. Depends on whichever is newest.

I really like cyanogenmod's power controls in the notification bar, so I'm probably sticking with them for a while since it's something I constantly use.

I'm in the same situation. Those are the two ROMs I've really liked. I don't know if it's worth bothering with all these new Froyo ROMs when Gingerbread is being actively developed, though.

I find it odd, or really downright annoying, that supposedly 'Market apps are not included' but VZ Visual Voicemail is included (a Market app) in the ROM and Amazon MP3 (also a Market app) is included the GApps addon. That makes ZERO sense.

I prefer minimal apps be included with a ROM; I'll install the apps I want/need and prefer not to have to jump through hoops to uninstall unnecessary apps. The inclusion of these two has left a really bad taste in my mouth for my first try at Sapphire.

EDIT: Was educated that there is a built in script, rmapk, that can be used to uninstall several of these types of apps.

Ran this rom today, and i must say that i got great battery life with no hang ups or reboots what so ever. I mostly talked, with a good bit of music listening, and some facebooking as well.

Love Sapphire ROMs. Always been the most stable on my phone. Kudos to the revs, can't wait for a GB release.

Back
Top Bottom