• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Stock B13 Debloated and Deodexed with Root

SuperR

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
DISCLAIMER: By using this rom, you agree that you are the only one responsible for anything good or bad that may occur ;)

For Boost Mobile ZTE Warp Sequent only.

This is Stock B13 JB 4.1.2 debloated and deodexed with root.

NOTE: Your device must have CWM to flash ROMs. If it doesn't, please check out Warp2 CWM & Root Flasher

Flash this in CWM as follows:
  1. Download warp2_stock_b13_debloat_deodex.zip
  2. Put the file on your sdcard if not already
  3. Reboot to CWM Recovery
  4. MAKE A BACKUP!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Wipe data/Factoy reset
  6. Install warp2_stock_b13_debloat_deodex.zip from sdcard
  7. Reboot
  8. Go to Android Settings >> System updates >> Update Profile (otherwise MMS might not work)
  9. Enjoy!

Removed apps:
Books.apk
BoostZone.apk
ChromeWithBrowser.apk
EasySmart.apk
libchromeview.so
Magazines.apk
Music2.apk
PlusOne.apk
SpanishPack.apk
SprintID.apk
SprintInstaller.apk
Swype.apk
Timer.apk
TouchPal.apk
Videos.apk
WiFiShare.apk
WorldTime.apk
YouTube.apk
Other Downloads:
b13_removed_apps_NOT_FLASHABLE.zip

I am new to the whole custom fw/rom.
Although I wouldn't consider myself dumb when it comes to using and flashing, but I cant seem to figure this part out.

I have the Warp Sequent, and atm I am using this rom and it works great. I like the idea of it being stripped down the way it is.
Since I am using this as a media player/web browser, is there anyway to strip it any more?
Taking out any phone functions and unnecessary carrier info would be awesome, along with anything else that is not essential for what I am using it for, so its just a bare min to run apps and web browsing.

If not does anyone know of a rom that would provide this?

I am new to the whole custom fw/rom.
Although I wouldn't consider myself dumb when it comes to using and flashing, but I cant seem to figure this part out.

I have the Warp Sequent, and atm I am using this rom and it works great. I like the idea of it being stripped down the way it is.
Since I am using this as a media player/web browser, is there anyway to strip it any more?
Taking out any phone functions and unnecessary carrier info would be awesome, along with anything else that is not essential for what I am using it for, so its just a bare min to run apps and web browsing.

If not does anyone know of a rom that would provide this?

You can grab a root file browser such as es file explorer, enable r/w access on /system, navigate to /system/app, and delete *.apk files. You could also rename them instead of delete them. That way if you break something you can rename it back. Make a cwm backup before you start. Good luck.

You can grab a root file browser such as es file explorer, enable r/w access on /system, navigate to /system/app, and delete *.apk files. You could also rename them instead of delete them. That way if you break something you can rename it back. Make a cwm backup before you start. Good luck.

what's the best way to wifi tether on this Rom?

Back
Top Bottom