• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] - Themed ICS Venture Update - Jan. 22 2013

Update coming soon. Hopefully what it will have is a new themed mms.apk,new launcher and a few other goodies. plus a clean up of the rom in general. getting rid of any source material that just isnt needed in there. the less the system has to use the faster the device will be. im off for now,will post something hopefully within the week. may be a bit later though.

Upvote 0
if anyone has downloaded and tested the rom. please report any force close issues or any other weirdness you may be experiencing. i have a report of some but want to verify across a group of users. could be an initial bad download by me of build rom or by tester as well. seems the rom boots fine and everything wants to work but has the symptoms of bad download.

Upvote 0
music player didnot work.Deleted thru link2sd.installed rocket.also had to install quick pic once again from play store.otherwise fine.thank you verymuch
sharaa09please report any force close issues or any other weirdness you may be experiencing. i have a report of some but want to verify across a group of users. could be an initial bad download by me of build rom or by tester as well. seems the rom boots fine and everything wants to work but has the symptoms of bad download.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
I renamed hackerskeyboard.apk to latinime.apk & Ive NEVER had a problem with it so I dont think it being renamed is ur problem, also I have my kb (Hackers) in the system/apps folder BUT Ive noticed if when I had latinime & hackers kb in the same folder the other kb kept force closing but since removing latinime it hasnt done it so IDK what the issue with that is but Im here to say Ive used a rom w/o latinime & as long as u have a different KB it SHOULD work

Upvote 0
yeah, i have also successfully used a rom without latinime, but im not familiar with this in particular kb that curtis is trying to use. i just said that he could add latinime back in as a last resort if putting it in data/app doesnt work. u never know, the kb he is trying to include could possibly be using resources from latinime to function correctly. i doubt that is the case, but just throwin it out there as an option to try. my guess is that throwing the kb in data/app should resolve the problem though.

Upvote 0
so i checked it out a little bit. i havent reflashed the rom with my changes yet to confirm, but i think that the ics keyboard wont be able to be used in place of the stock latinime.apk. the ics keyboard requires manual steps from the user to install and enable the keyboard correctly, where as the stock latinime.apk does not. so, i would think that the system folder doesnt have the capabilites to install it as a system keyboard correctly. i dont think it is using resources from the latinime.apk, but i believe a keyboard would need to be in place that is able to install as a system keyboard (such as latinime.apk), and then have the ics keyboard in data/app to give the user the option of switching to the ics keyboard if they desired to. im sure it would be possible to write a script to have android change the default keyboard from latinime.apk to ics kb on the very first boot, but thats really the only way i see it working at this point. ill test more later to confirm my theory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones