• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROM TOolbox PRO Issue

Paraflier

Hey there, everyone...

I have been using RB editor that is included to edit text files for a couple days now with no problem.

Earlier today, I try to edit a .txt file just like I have done before, (the same .txt file that I have been editing) and the file tries to open, and my phone says, "reading text file..." and the little spinny thing spins and that's as far as it gets. Never actually opens the file for editing. Any reason this might be? Or how I can fix it?

I have emailed the dev, but thought with the combined power of all your brains, I might get a faster response here.

Not sure if this would be related to my issue or not... But before I started editing files, I though I'd be smart, and copy the file I was going to tweak. (In this instance, a game save) SO I copied the file, went to the main directory, and created a folder "backup saves" and pasted the file there.

However, now my "backup saves" folder seems to have vanished in the last 5 hours. :confused::confused:

Any thoughts... (Scratch that... Any Helpful thoughts? :))

Thanks for looking, and have a great day

((EDIT)) - I have uninstalled and re installed ROM Toolbox PRO, but to no avail. Dev thought maybe my SD card was corrupting the file, and make it unreadable, but the file was never on the SD card..... Hmm.. I'll keep playing around and see what happens... I CAN open the file w/ a hex editor, just not the text editor so a corrupt file seems unlikely. I can also open other .txt files with the text editor.

The game still loads just fine with the save game info. I am at a loss..... Maybe cause it's so big it just takes time to open? It's 96.62 kb....But it always opened up quick before. ....Grrr.

Got it all figured out with help from the dev. :) turns out I was making the file I was trying to edit bigger and bigger and it was lagging down and never opening it, as RTBP opens the entire file at once.

ES file manager opens up files bits at a time as you scroll through, and using that app's text editor works like a champ.

Back
Top Bottom