• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROMs and further development

jokerpks

Android Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2013
New York
Once again I would like to thank Shabbypenguin for getting us recovery on this phone as well as Sepero, Spec2Nirvash, and bzo22. I would also like to ask, are there any individuals that own this phone and are experienced and capable of developing or porting a rom??? Whether it's cynogenmod or anything else...
If not we would have to all contribute and put are heads together to make sense of where to start. I found a guide how to port Cynogenmod to a unsupported device from what I found out so far is that we can use a rom supporting a device with same CPU and display and modify it to make it compatible with our device, but first gather as much information about our device as possible...

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_porting_intro

SYSTEM
SDK Version: 4.0.4
ID: HuaweiM931
OS name: Linux
OS version: 3.0.21-perf Dalvik VM version: 1.6.0

DEVICE
Model: HUAWE-M931
Product: M931
Board: M931
Brand: metropcs
Fingerprint: metropcs/M931/hwm931:4.04/HuaweiM931/C177B131:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

CPU
Name: ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v71)
Max freq: 1512 MHz
Min freq: 384 MHz
Cores: 2
Architecture: 7
BogoMIPS:13.53
Hardware: QCT MSM8960 CDP
Revision: 4
Serial#: 0000000000000000

MEMORY
Total: 803172 kB

DISPLAY
Resolution: 480x800
DPI: 160x160
Refresh rate: 60 Hz

GPU (OpenGL)
Vendor: Qualcomm
Renderer: Andreno (TM) 225
Version: OpenGL ES 2.0

Max texture units: 2
texture size: 4096
Max lights: 8

VBO: supported
Frame Buffer: supported
Cube maps: supported
Texture Combiners: supported
DOT3 combiner: supported
Crossbar combiner: supported
Shader language version: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00

Reactions: dovegabanna
Here are some screen shots from CPU Z

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371805935024.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371805935024.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 153
  • uploadfromtaptalk1371805944509.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371805944509.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 164
  • uploadfromtaptalk1371805953279.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371805953279.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 145
Upvote 0
just bought thi phone half an hour ago, and im aready rooted with recovery (thanks to the crew reponsible). when i get home from work, ill dust off my linux machine and look into the device fuurther.
sorry if i havent read everything here yet, but anyone know what limitations this device has and whats keeping anyone from porting cm or any other aosp rom to ths phone?
anyone have any git trees going for it either? vendor/device profiles?

Upvote 0
just bought thi phone half an hour ago, and im aready rooted with recovery (thanks to the crew reponsible). when i get home from work, ill dust off my linux machine and look into the device fuurther.
sorry if i havent read everything here yet, but anyone know what limitations this device has and whats keeping anyone from porting cm or any other aosp rom to ths phone?
anyone have any git trees going for it either? vendor/device profiles?

Well we just got recovery yesterday, I think. So people are probably just starting looking into porting things.

Upvote 0
Have you thought about trying Cyanogenmod's compiler? Look into that and see if it gets us any closer to Jellybean ;)
that only works for prebuilt devices I believe.. it's basically for the people who own a device with cm already ported, and they can build they're own because the compiler knows what needs to be donr per device

not 100% sure if that's true.. but from what I read it sounds like that's what you get..

as for porting CM, im down to help bro just let me know what you need.. I haven't even looked at our system yet so once I pull it ill take a look for the proprietary files :D

Upvote 0
found a good candidate for proprietary files and such..
Huawei MediaPad - Full phone specifications
theres already cm10 and jb updates for this.
the more and more i learn about this phone and huawei..the more impressed i am.

I'll admit I made a cracking about jap crap but, Huawei makes their own specialized soc's and it seems their products are in direct competition with Sgs or Asus.
They have modified ics and jb to be better for a following that knows these phones are able to be pushed a lot further than the average user knows. And giving us certain advantages like bootloader unlocking, they know what we do and what we want. I am surprised that most manufacturers do not follow along

Upvote 0
mediapad was a bust. couldnt get anything to boot.
however, the newest device im looking at is the ascend p1 lte. not to be confused with the regular p1.
p1 lte has exact same chipset, gpu, and as far as i can see exact ssame boot.img right down to the exact same mount points.
the kernel and firmware is also available on huawei device site, which i have just finished downloading.
i need more redbull.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones