• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Roms?

What type of Rom can I put onto this dx2? And what can I use to flash the rom? I've installed bootstrapper and performed back up. I would like to flash eclipse? Is it possible?

What type of Rom can I put onto this dx2? And what can I use to flash the rom? I've installed bootstrapper and performed back up. I would like to flash eclipse? Is it possible?

Go into the All Things Root subforum here and read the All Things Root Guide.

You can install whichever ROM you wish. Just make sure that if you aren't on the correct Gingerbread version (2.3.3, 2.3.4, 2.3.5) use RSD to flash the correct SBF (stock ROM) version first. And READ THROUGH THE CUSTOM ROM'S INSTRUCTIONS. I can't stress enough how important this is.

All custom ROM's are flashed using Bootstrap (CWM). There are also many handy scripts for the X2, many of which are included in many custom ROMs.

And as always, back up as much as you can before doing anything.

I have eclipse 2.0.4 on my phone and it's bitchin'

I'm in no hurry to try cm7 or cm9 simply because eclipse is such a HUGE improvement over stock.

I just flashed cm 7 and I'm loving it. I was scared at first but after following directions it was easy. Thanks guys.

Cool. You can't go wrong with either CM7 or Eclipse. Both are great. If you care about having HDMI, then you want Eclipse. If you don't care about it, then CM7 is great as well.

Both are excellent improvements over stock. CM7 has all Motoblur removed. Eclipse has most of it removed, but still has some Motoblur left in it.

Back