• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root and ROM Change?

So Im not an Android fanatic so please help me as Im android ******ed.

I want to Root My phone and be able to put a Custom ROM on it.

I don't have fast boot (I think)

I was thinking GingerBreak for my Vortex's 2.2.2 but I'm not incredibly sure.

I also have no idea what custom ROM to put on it. I really just want a basic ROM as all I want is a nice FLAC player and a nice IRC device.

What is an IRC device?
I googled "flac on android" and this is the top result, I'm sure there is more for you to see
http://androidforums.com/android-media/18560-i-can-has-flac-support.html

If you don't want to spend much time looking into it, you may not want to do it. But there is a subforum here with more information about rooting your vortex if you do

He means an IRC Client or its called Mirc ( Microsoft Internet Relay Chat) Very powerful software if you know how to use it. I use to run my own Network on on had a hub and about 5 leafs, my network would support up to I think its 1024 clients per leaf and 50 on the hub but you only run services on the hub and the conf to link the leafs back to the hub. It a conplex setup all ran off shell accounts. You can get anything you want there prettty much the underground network for file swapping and always has been. As for what IRC clients to run on your phone I choose AndroidIRC, it only list 5 main servers to connect to, if you find on an xdcc server on some other net, you will have to connect like this irc.whatever.com:6667 or whatever port they use, by byfault in windows the ports were 6660 t0 6669. Anymore questions fell free to ask I know a lot about IRC and how its all setup and the cmds to run, esp botnets, and other chanbots.

Back
Top Bottom