• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root htc desire 510

I just purchased this " upgrade " from my Evo. ( one week ) Not sure yet if going to the newer HTC is indeed an upgrade.

I have a few issues and questions but will peruse the forum to see if my answer is already there and perhaps vent a little in a separate post.

Thanks for the info that you posted here. Just enough to let me know what I've gotten myself into.

I'm intrigued by this device as well but without root and the lack of internal memory I might just wait till root is confirmed. I'm sure similar root methods for the HTC One or other desire models might be compatible with this device. Hopefully we can get root and achieve an unlocked boot loader and get some development going here.

If you are running on low speeds and cannot get Android SDK, instead get the simple essentials such as fastboot, ADB, whatever drivers you might need, and Android Rootkit. It works just as fine.

I'm installing all the SDK updates now, my primary reason fr wanting to unlock and root the Desire 510 from Boost is to get rid of the endless bloatware... Of the 4.00 gig the phone comes with, I'm showing 848MB of Apps, I believe I have moved all the transferable apps to the SD card, - The "Other" shows 2.84GB used.... Does the OS KitKat 4.4.2 use that much space?
Windows barely uses that much on a laptop PC
I need to free up some space, several Apps on here that I will never use, such as Facebook, Boost Zone ( Which forces itself back into the phone when Updates are uninstalled, and completely changes background picture, app shortcuts and more)

Back
Top Bottom