• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root may be easier than we think...

crimton

Android Expert
[ANDY] Why did you add protection against rooting?
[ROHAN] Its a tough call. Its not impossible to root Adam, but that would lead into cancellation of warranty. We are in talks with our partner to understand how can we resolve this.

this was in an interview with rohan shraven(ceo notion ink). i take this to mean that they may make root easier for those that are interested, and even if they leave things the way they are root can still be acheived. i'm now wondering about custom recovery...hmm

Even if they try to make it difficult to root, I am sure the highly skilled hackers at both xda and notioninkhacks will get it rooted sooner than you can say CES 2011. lol

I do plan on getting it, so far nothing beats it from what I've seen and that new Motorola Tablet with Motoblu, is well.. Motorola. :eek: But I think I will wait until the 16 or 32 version comes out. The current 8gb is too small in my eyes. But then again my impulsive need for new stuff may get in the way of waiting for the bigger versions. :D

TS out

yea they should have made it at least 16gb. i've got a 16gb card and i have a 120gb usb hdd thats pretty small if i really need it so i should be ok. i'm counting down the days! :D

The 8gb is a huge disappointment but at this point I've gotten over it. If it was 16 gb I would still go buy a larger sd card. At 32 gb I would have waited but ended up buying one. So - unless it came with 64 gb I was destined to buy one shortly anyway.

twospirits, I feel like the Motorola tablet will end up being like a Nexus phone/Droid 1.

I'd most definitely get that over the Adam if it had the Qi screen (and wifi only version). Although if xda guys dig the Adam and are able to get custom kernel/roms on there that will be the way to go.

Space wise the 16 doesn't bother me much as I have a Windows Home server for storing all my media. A tablet will really just be for internet, ebooks, and cute android things for me and the wife.

Back
Top Bottom