• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root No Pc Required

I'd give him the deodexed rom but there's no need, just gonna root so he can use space better and put a few goodies on there like Viper..

Just want to let you all know that everything went smoothly and his phone is closer to being what it should be:) You guys made all the difference with the help. He had pretty much all the apps that he wanted for himself installed and after several other apps from me, and then cleaning up phone storage and doing what I could to make sure sdcard storage was used as much as possible, he has about 760 MB left on phone. Although I didn't bother with link2sd I did at the last minute put Xposed/Xblast Tools on there so a little more tweaking can be done.

Anybody know how to get rid of sim card nag that he gets (remember, he doesn't have phone service, I think that's why) I uninstalled sim toolkit hoping that would help but he still gets a card icon with red excamation in status bar, any way to do away with that? With the sim card in or out doesn't matter, still does it.

Just want to let you all know that everything went smoothly and his phone is closer to being what it should be:) You guys made all the difference with the help. He had pretty much all the apps that he wanted for himself installed and after several other apps from me, and then cleaning up phone storage and doing what I could to make sure sdcard storage was used as much as possible, he has about 760 MB left on phone. Although I didn't bother with link2sd I did at the last minute put Xposed/Xblast Tools on there so a little more tweaking can be done.

Anybody know how to get rid of sim card nag that he gets (remember, he doesn't have phone service, I think that's why) I uninstalled sim toolkit hoping that would help but he still gets a card icon with red excamation in status bar, any way to do away with that? With the sim card in or out doesn't matter, still does it.
I dont know about the simcard notification. Long press the notification, the tap the popup box - should say "app info". That'll bring you to the app causing the notification. You can then try disabling or use titanium backup and freeze it.

You can also use G3Tweaksbox, great for tweaking and custom themeing, really neat features.

Back
Top Bottom