• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Successful!

odatkid

Hi All,
I did a permanent root with Z4 and I now see the Superuser app. Not sure what to do next but I think the first order of business will be getting rid of as many of Metro's proprietary apps as I can.Thank you UKCatFan and unnamedny for your help. I'll be back asking a whole lot more questions. I said it before and I'll say it again - This forum ROCKS!

Cheers......Tom:)

there are many extremly useful apps on the market only for root users. also you might want to install custom recovery, but be sure you know what you are doing.
useful apps:
do not download rom manager off market to back up your rom
Backlight off turns off keys light to save battery.
autokiller memory optimizer
button savior saves your keys and power button.
easyprofiles root version coming soon. app is for profiles automation.
SetCpu even if you are not overclocking. you can set profilesto save battery
quickbootquick reboot. note:do not click on recovery button its going to reset your phone if you dont have custom recovery installed
myback up pro backup data
screenshot takes screenshots of your screen.

if you need help with apps let me know

there are many extremly useful apps on the market only for root users. also you might want to install custom recovery, but be sure you know what you are doing.
useful apps:
do not download rom manager off market to back up your rom
Backlight off turns off keys light to save battery.
autokiller memory optimizer
button savior saves your keys and power button.
easyprofiles root version coming soon. app is for profiles automation.
SetCpu even if you are not overclocking. you can set profilesto save battery
quickbootquick reboot. note:do not click on recovery button its going to reset your phone if you dont have custom recovery installed
myback up pro backup data
screenshot takes screenshots of your screen.

if you need help with apps let me know

Thank you once again for your replies. I removed most of the apps that were safe to remove (Thanks UKCatFan). I installed "autokiller memory optimizer" but not being sure how to tweak with it I used the suggested "Moderate" setting and would appreciate any tips as to maximizing it's usefullness. Although you recommended "Backlight off", the app description talks about keyboard backlights. Does it really save your power? I downloaded "SetCpu" but haven't installed it and would appreciate suggestion as to how to use it safely (haven't overclocked before).

When I use barcode scanner to download apps, do they get stored on my sd card? And if so, I can install them at a later date, correct? (or not install them at all)?

Also, could you please tell me how to change that annoying Metro PCS sound at start-up. I have created and tweaked sound files with Adobe Audition and would be able to make any file necessary (.ogg .wav, etc.) to replace that sound.

Thank you all again........Tom:)

Back
Top Bottom