• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooted 2.1 trying to get the 2.2 OTA update

sleekmr3

I have a rooted 2.1 yesterday i started receiving the OTA 2.2 message. I have been ignoring it so that I could go home and unroot/downgrade so that I can apply the 2.2 ota. Well I downgraded last night and the OTA was not available anymore.

Is this normal?

So I rooted my phone again and now the OTA is back. What gives?

Follow the link dsb9938 posted and do what it says. If you try to update to 2.2 and you get an installation aborted, then you need the may OTA update. Apply it and everything should work fine.

If update.zip cannot be found, format your sd card to FAT32 and it will work.

Ya thats what I thought. Never heard of anyone successfully updating w/o being on may update.

Was curious if he actually got it to work.

Really not looking forward to wiping my phone and am looking for a workaround but don't think there is one.

When I did mine I had to wipe my phone so I did a screen capture of all my screens set up the way I wanted, contacts, etc. Then I updated and then looked at the screens on my computer to figure out how I had everything set up/what apps I had. Takes no more than 15-20 minutes to set the phone up like it was previously/add contacts back in.

So I followed the steps on the link. When I boot up it gets past the HTC quietly brilliant goes to the droid eye then after the 2 red balls go back and forth the second time the phone just sits and freezes there. what did I do wrong?

Back
Top Bottom