• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted 4.4.2

Awesome. I flashed Philz Touch Recovery and flashed SuperSU to get mine rooted. No issues there and I now have the ability to make nandroid backups.

Just wanted to put it out there that I rooted my Note 10.1 (2014) running 4.4.2 using Chainfire's CF-ROOT no problem.

Hey would you be able to come up with instructions? I'm considering rooting my Note that's currently running Kitkat, but concerned that if I did it wrong, the whole thing will be just brick. Thanks.

After I rooted I face problems where my device slows down every few hours to a point that I need to restart it to get it to work again. Is there a solution. I moved most of my apps to the sd card and I have 16 gigabytes remaining storage out of 32 on my p600. I turned off scale animations and deleted most of my apps

After I rooted I face problems where my device slows down every few hours to a point that I need to restart it to get it to work again. Is there a solution. I moved most of my apps to the sd card and I have 16 gigabytes remaining storage out of 32 on my p600. I turned off scale animations and deleted most of my apps

You need to determine what exactly is causing the problem., Rooting in and of itself shouldn't change the performance at all. Look at the battery stats to see if something is using a lot of power and then try an app like WatchDog lite to monitor any app that might be keeping itself active when it shouldn't be.

After rooting my SM-P600, the Bright house TV app no longer streams video. Is there a fix/workaround to resolve this issue?

I do remember that some apps used to detect root in order to protect content licenses, although I haven't heard about it it recently. It may be that root prevents this app from streaming media because it makes downloading the content possible, which might be a violation of the TOS.

You could check with the developer and if that's the case, I think the only option would be to unroot.

Back
Top Bottom