• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted! Altered Beast Alpha 5

nyg010

Android Enthusiast
Hey guys so last night I made the jump, rooted to Alpha Beast and WOW is this fast as balls!!! Snappy, no lag time, no more bloat ware, dream come true!

However,
How do I change some of the rediculous theme? The thing thats bothering me most is how bad the scroll down status bar is themed. Just looks hedious.

Also how do I tell if I installed VooDoo Lag fix correctly?

Someone please help!

Hey there buddy! Good to see you got up and running with your phone.

Sorry, don't have any input on the Altered Beast Theme but I just wanted to say hi.

Take screenshots and let me know which parts you don't like. We'll go from there.

Download Terminal Emulator and type .... aww... I can't remember... let me see if I can find it.

Hey guys so last night I made the jump, rooted to Alpha Beast and WOW is this fast as balls!!! Snappy, no lag time, no more bloat ware, dream come true!

However,
How do I change some of the rediculous theme? The thing thats bothering me most is how bad the scroll down status bar is themed. Just looks hedious.

Someone please help!
I dont hve an answer for that.But let me ask u a question? does ur home button and camera work? Mine doesnt I dont know wht i did wrong. I have flashed 3 times but no results.

Can anyone help me? I have the droid charge i download alter beast alpha on my phone. Its fast as lightning. But my camer doesnt work and my home button doesnt either. I have flashed it with oden 3 times but no luck. can amyone tell me what it is im doing wrong?

However,

Someone please help!
I dont hve an answer for that.But let me ask u a question? does ur home button and camera work? Mine doesnt I dont know wht i did wrong. I have flashed with oden 3 times but no results

That's odd mine works without a hitch. Hell i even took the time to fill in the missing icons and skins since the creator kinda left some of it unfinished.

Did you use the download package in the post?

Also did you make sure to do factory resets, check unknown sources and so forth before doing the flash?

I also installed Altered beast, been running for a little over a week with no problems...last night my phone stopped sending text messages..(messages stayed in pending status) checked every setting and nothing worked...after about 1 day with no change, I decided to do a factory wipe...text messaging worked again but I dont have a market application. tried to download the market apk but i get "device does not support" message
please help

also if someone could guide to the best possible way to go from Altered Beast to Gummycharged that would aslo be great.

Did you guys ever flash to Alpha 5? If you used the DL link it actually gives you Alpha 4 and not Alpha 5. There is a separate Alpha 5 DL that you can flash over the Alpha 4 in CWM. Gets rid of the carbon fiber theme and puts it into a sleek steel look with a different launcher build. Also gives you various built in Team Androphile themes to choose from.

AB is still my favorite ROM because it just does what it's supposed to do once setup (in my experience) along with a huge battery life performance upgrade. However it is still an Alpha build and DroidXCon just kinda disappeared one day so sadly it will never be fully finished.

That being said with the A5 build i have never had a problem. Though i do run the old SU and don't bother with the update because the ROM was never really finished enough to need such things.

P.S. If your curious Alpha 5 means you have more of an ADW thing going along with the built in custom icons, skinned Swype keyboard and the carbon fiber is gone on the pull down app tray menu.

Back
Top Bottom