• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted MS690 and MetroPcs

Dustinito

Okay so my phone is Rooted and Custom Recovery installed. NAND backup complete and such. Lets say I want to install a custom ROM, will I lose my service with Metro upon the new ROM being installed? I don't know how to exactly ask this: Like will I have to reactivate my phone with Metro: Create a new account? Or is there some way to just transfer everything over to the new ROM to keep my current number going as it was before?

no you wont lose service just back up your apps that you want to keep, your number and account stay the same and when you sign back into your gmail it restores your contacts.

Okay, I'm no really worried I just don't want to have to deal with MetroPCS or the person who pays my bill. :p I'll just restore my NAND if it gives me crap. Thanks for the help good sir!

I've done it many times over on my G1. But I thought that maybe because my phone was CDMA it may be different since there is no SIM involved.

Hey I saw you answer this question before somewhere else? But on the CM7 ROM when my screen locks and turns off and when I go to turn it back on its just black?

Hey I saw you answer this question before somewhere else? But on the CM7 ROM when my screen locks and turns off and when I go to turn it back on its just black?

go into your main settings > Cyanogenmod settings > Display> uncheck on and off animations

Back
Top Bottom