• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted Titanium users: 330meg of RAM free

Rafael

Android Enthusiast
My phone now has 330 meg of RAM free.
I accomplished this by moving my apps to ROM by converting them to "system apps" using Titanium.

To do this, just long press on a user app and hit the "convert to system app" button.

Almost all of my apps were able to be converted. They still get updated as before, but you must convert the update as well or it leaves them stord in RAM. One nice thing about this is that you cannot accidently delete a user app.

Some of you probably knew you could do this. Some will be surprised.

I figured you would appreciate it.

We rooted users who are stuck in 2.2.1 might as well get all we can out of it.
I am actually glad that I got stuck on this side of the fence.....at least I can control my phone.

You have any idea what app to remove to kill the 3g hotspot?
I have no intention of tethering with this thing.

Have been able to figure a way to kill every function but the hotspot....that process is always restarting.

You have any idea what app to remove to kill the 3g hotspot?
I have no intention of tethering with this thing.

Have been able to figure a way to kill every function but the hotspot....that process is always restarting.

I had an LG Ally for a while, the tether app was part of the kernal and could not be removed. This is probably the case here.

When I put Velocity on the Ally, developed by Getitnowmarketing, the tether app was gone.

Not that I have detected.
The benchmark program I have used, Quadrant, give such varying results that I would need to jot down the results of hundreds of tests and average them.
I do not see enough benefit to make the effort.

good to know though for if you have an app you don't update very often and you wanna make sure you don't uninstall on accident.

Back
Top Bottom