• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help rooting a ANS UL40 phone

metulburr

The android version is 7.1.1
security patch level: Dec 1, 2017
kernel: 3.10.49

I have been trying to root this device (for free) for awhile and have failed every time. Either every app either has a cost or it fails to root it. I tried iroot, towelroot, etc. I usually get a weird runaround with apps and their websites trying to actually download the apk file.

For example this site is the only site i could find regarding rooting this phone online.
http://howtoandroitroot.com/download/ans-ul40

However when i try to download the apk file it just sends me back to the main page.

Does anyone know why this site does not download the apk? Or is there another method to root this phone?

yea i searched and i could not find anything on your phone as far as gaining root access goes. plus there is no forum for your phone over at XDA Developers xda is a developers forum where they post their goodies. no forum= no dev and no dev= no fun.

just curious as to why you want to root the device?

No need for all of that, problem solved.
Just download a different Launcher from the play store and the problem will stop.
Ads are built into the original launcher.

No need for all of that, problem solved.
Just download a different Launcher from the play store and the problem will stop.
Ads are built into the original launcher.
Where did you get the idea that the OP's reason for wanting to root their device was a problem with ads? :thinking: I see no such reference in their post!

There are many reasons people want root. Ads are usually not among them.

The majority of these phones are government free phones, and it's a common problem that the launcher pop up unstoppable random ads, which cannot not be found by adware tools, because the ads are built in by phone service. Which is usually why anyone with one of these cheaper phones would want to waste time to root one. And I'm a genius.

Back
Top Bottom