• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting and updating problem/question

Potatochip

Nov 26, 2009
Hey so i was following the steps to root and update my milestone, however I am stuck on getting into the root menu, when i hold down the x button, camera and volume up I just get to a black screen which says boot loader 90.74, battery ok, ok to program, transfer mode : USB. I am still searching how to fix it, but if anyone has any ideas let me know!

Thanks

Hey so i was following the steps to root and update my milestone, however I am stuck on getting into the root menu, when i hold down the x button, camera and volume up I just get to a black screen which says boot loader 90.74, battery ok, ok to program, transfer mode : USB. I am still searching how to fix it, but if anyone has any ideas let me know!

Thanks

I believe you're trying to get into Recovery, right?
Try just holding down x button first until you get another screen after the M-logo. once you have that new screen (you can release the x button) press volume up and camera key.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones