• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting App

Lana30

Android Enthusiast
Hi Friends,
A friend of mine has this phone and wants to root using an app. He has tried Framaroot, Universal Androot and WeakSauce and nothing. Has anyone had success using another app?

I haven't heard of an app being able to root this phone... You HAVE TO UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER inorder to root. HTC has infor on how to unlock the BOOTLOADER on their dev site.

I haven't heard of an app being able to root this phone... You HAVE TO UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER inorder to root. HTC has infor on how to unlock the BOOTLOADER on their dev site.
Oh, I see, when none of this one click apps work, you have no choice but to use your PC, right? Thanks for your answer. :)

Yes on HTC phones u have to unlock the BOOTLOADER. My lg tablet i was able to use an app...
Oh, I see. Thanks for the class in rooting, This is great. I´m sorry if I ask dumb questions, I just want to make sure I understand everything correctly. So, Obviously unlocking the bootloader is not part of he actual rooting process on some phone´s, first you do that and then you actually root, right? Do you know why some phone´s first need the bootloader unlocked and some don´t? :)

Back
Top Bottom