• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooting

Depends.

If there are things you'd like to change about your tablet that you can't change otherwise, it may be worth it. On the other hand, if you're happy with how it works, I would lean toward, if it ain't broke ..

Take a look around the forum here, see if there are things you'd like to be able to do that you currently cannot.

Thank you for your quick reply

As a non computer literate user what I'm really after is an Idiot's Guide to Rooting where the terms used are in plain English

What I'm after is the ability to customise the start up shut down sounds, alert sounds etc.

Paul

There should be a reasonably idiot-proof guide to rooting right on this part of the forum. Have to say, it's not something I've ever done so I have no idea how straightforward or otherwise it is.

If you just want to change sounds, that may simply be a question of adding sound files to the /Notifications folder in internal storage which you could do with a file manager from the Play Store (I use a free one called File Manager). Alternatively, you could connect to a PC and use Windows Explorer (Windows Key + e).

I have followed your advise and downloaded the file manager.

Will someone with the knowledge of how to change the start up shut down sounds tell me who is not computer literate how to do it in simple language? please.

Thank you

Paul

Back
Top Bottom