• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Runs Slows and has a lag

My son has a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.7 and he's has it for about 2yrs. We we first got it, it ran as fast as my IPAD now recently it has begun to run slow. This summer he could no longer watch youtube videos without it stopping and playing every few seconds. Now it would completely shut down the app when you try and play a video. This past week it stopped streaming Netflix, which was its main purpose. He also complained of a lag. When you touch an app or folder it takes about 5 seconds before it follows the command and opens up. I read somewhere that the updates causes problems. Please help the only thing I can come up with is a factory reset, but he doesn't want to loose all his apps or his levels on his games.

Maybe try uninstalling the YouTube updates (under Applications) and re-updating; also clear cache from same.
For general lag, maybe he's used too much RAM, near maxed out. Again, clear cache, uninstall any apps he doesn't need anymore.

My Tab 2 7" is also nearly 2 years old and I'm don't have those issues but I'm not a gamer. I skipped the last update, btw.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones