• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S voice, Bluetooth, and the screen off

_Aardvark

Android Enthusiast
Anyone seeing this strange issue? If I activate S Voice when the screen is turned off via the pressing of the Bluetooth headset button S Voice launches (and the screen turns on) but the app almost immediately closes. It'll beep through the headset like it's read to listen but shuts off before I can speak a command.

This only seems to be an issue when the screen is off. Pressing the power button to turn the screen on first seems OK (well as good as s voice ever works). This happens if the phone is locked or unlocked.

When locked (I have to use the PIN screen) the screen immediately shuts off again when S Voice craps out (not that you see s voice in this case - it stays on the lock screen, but you can hear it). When unlocked s voice clearly starts, but closes after maybe 3 seconds and I end up back on the home screen.

This is really annoying (and unsafe) since it affects how I use the phone while driving.

Same here. :(

Bugging me! I need to be able to make calls while I'm driving.

Turn off the lock screens and it works fine even when the screen is off.

Turn off the lock screens and it works fine even when the screen is off.

Interesting, I can't disable my lock screen since it is forced on via MS exchange policies. (well, unless I delete my email account from the phone)

I figured the lock screen was important (since I've seen similar bugs on other android phones) but then I wasn't so sure since it would also happen when phone wasn't currently locked (but the screen off).

Thanks for the additional info

Interesting, I can't disable my lock screen since it is forced on via MS exchange policies. (well, unless I delete my email account from the phone)

I figured the lock screen was important (since I've seen similar bugs on other android phones) but then I wasn't so sure since it would also happen when phone wasn't currently locked (but the screen off).

Thanks for the additional info

I'm not willing to turn off my lock screen especially when I'm advertising my phone to the world on my windscreen.

This has only happened since I updated the firmware.

I'm in /exactly/ the same predicament. I tried disabling S Voice (because I think that is what the problem is) and installing Vlingo... which works. It bypasses the Lock screen and the Pin protection... but... the voice recog is terrible. I have a very clean English accent, and it wasn't unable to understand _any_ command I was giving it. So there is a technical route to fixing this, it's just that I need an app that does both halves of the problem properly. Anyone else got some advice? Bottom line S Voice sux. I've spoken to Samsung support this afternoon, and apparently I'm the first they've heard of this problem.... seriously!?

Back
Top Bottom