• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S2 stopped receiving certain text messages

Shazbat

Jul 17, 2010
My S2 seems to have stopped receiving text alerts from certain senders like my GP surgery, hairdressers and chemist. Is this likely? I checked my settings and 'auto retrieve' is on. I also get texts from parcel delivery companies and other organisations so it's not all those types of sender. Any suggestions? I use Handcent and have always been happy with it.

Are they using automated services to generate their texts? If do, some change to the service they all use could be causing a problem.

If not, are they all running iPhones? iMessage isn't SMS - iPhone users who aren't certain that the recipient of a message is also an iPhone user should use SMS, not iMessage.

If you can come up with something in common with all of them, that would go a long way toward figuring out what's causing the problem.

Other than that, all I can suggest is that some tech expert be at one of those places when they're sending you a text alert (and you be there with your S2 also) and maybe someone can see what's going wrong.

Upvote 0
Hi, thanx

I mentioned it at the doc's a few months ago and they said it was a new system and I think I've had one since. My hairdressers' messages always used to reach me until I changed salons (same company though) and I signed up for prescription alerts and just realised that I haven't received one yet (alerted by meds running out instead!). Yet when I get parcels delivered I receive an alert when they put the parcel on the van, attempt to deliver it, delivery fails and/or it's finally delivered. My hairdressers I know are done via computer/web as I imagine all the others are, rather than a specific phone.

It was just a random thought that I had as it seemed coincidental. I know it's not necessarily reliable but it just seems odd that I get some and not others.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones