• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S20 time didnt change for daylight savings

Y0SH1

Lurker
Sep 30, 2018
I trusted that my phone automatically change the time on daylight savings time. Brand new phone, havent touched any settings for time, setting was turned 'on' for the auto network time.

Woke up and my s20 hadnt changed automatically? When i looked in settings 'auto date and time provided by network' was still on. Then restarted my phone and everything changed to proper time. This was at 7am(time when daylight savings hadnt changed yet) today. This would have been a big issue if i had an appointment so now im wondering if anyone else had the problem?

I have 4 devices, 3 of which are only used on Wi-Fi.

My network device, and 2 of the 3 Wi-Fi devices followed the change just fine.

For some reason, one Wi-Fi dvice did not.

And did you say that you had checked at 7 AM, 'before' the time change took effect?

The time change takes effect at 2 AM on the appointed day.

Anyway, no idea why this happens.
It could very well be that the device of mine that did not change time has an app disabled that is required for this to work right.

Personally, and I am not alone in this, I wish that they would leave the time alone.
The time for the usefulness of 'Daylight Savings Time' has long past.

Where I live, it is exceptionally bothersome, as we are in a fringe area- if you were to actually follow the map and go by the time lines, we really do not belong in the time zone that we are in.

In my state, there are actually places further west of us that are an hour ahead of us.

Very annoying.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones