• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S4 - How to cycle through all home screen like the S3?

jericko

Android Enthusiast
Hello

I just got a S4 (upgraded from a S3) and on my S3 (TouchWiz) I was able to cycle through all my home screen in one circular motion. On my S4, I can only go from left to right and vice verse. Does anyone know if there is a option to let you cycle through all the home screens? I know it sounds minor, but I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks
Jason

Hello

I just got a S4 (upgraded from a S3) and on my S3 (TouchWiz) I was able to cycle through all my home screen in one circular motion. On my S4, I can only go from left to right and vice verse. Does anyone know if there is a option to let you cycle through all the home screens? I know it sounds minor, but I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks
Jason

Apex launcher has this.

I have an AT&T S4 with Android 4.3. In my Touchwiz, the screens do pass from last to first . I looked for settings to control this "infinite scrolling" feature...don't see any.

I noticed in thread below mention that Verizon disables this behavior:
Enable Infinite Scrolling on Stock TouchWiz Launcher - xda-developers

So as far as I can tell, in Touchwiz it is not a user setting but a carrier preference (AT&T uses infinite scrolling, Verizon does not).

Which leads me to the same conclusion as wtherrell...

GET A REAL LAUNCHER!!!!!!!!

I use Nova Prime and it's very similar to Apex (my personal opinion is that free version of Apex is slightly better than free version of Nova but Pro version of Nova is slightly better than pro version of Apex.... again just opinion, others will see it differently, not huge difference either way).

You'll be amazed at the customizability of either of those compared to TouchPiz And I'm not talking about themes to make it look pretty, I'm talking about functionality: customize how many icons per page, add more pages up to 9, define gestures, swipe up on an icon for alternate action, infinite scrolling option, etc etc. Try the free version, you've got nothing to lose. For people who haven't installed new launchers, it may seem intimidating but it' not...it's just another program. It does'nt require root and won't brick your phone (unlike flashing roms and installing mods in root directory, which can get you in trouble). You can easily switch back and forth between your new launcher and your old Touchwiz and have both available to you. At some point if you decide you're never going back, you might go back to into Touchwiz to remove all the widgets from it, to help save resources.

Back
Top Bottom