• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S6 Frozen Screen; Retrieve Pictures?

Erock89

Lurker
Out of nowhere my S6 stopped working. Check out the picture I attached to this post. Each time I restart my phone it gets stuck on that screen. I need to figure out a way to retrieve my pictures/videos. I didn't back them up. I checked my Samsung, Google, and One Drive accounts. Below is a list of things I can still do on my phone and things I've attempted. Let me know if you have any ideas.

1. I can soft restart my phone

2. I can restart it into download mode

3. I can restart it into bootloader mode

4. I wiped cache partition

5. I can connect it to my laptop via USB but it only shows as a bluetooth device. It does not show any options to open up files. The phone was not debugged prior to the phone breaking.

6. I've tried trial versions of Fone Lab and 2-3 other similar programs. Each time with no luck.

Would love to hear your thoughts or ideas. I really don't want to lose these pictures/videos. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20190410_194523.jpg
    20190410_194523.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 243
ok well in the bootloader wipe data/factory reset which is a factory reset. hopefully that will fix it. if anything you might be able to flash your firmware in odin....or maybe its time for an upgrade:thinking:

ok well in the bootloader wipe data/factory reset which is a factory reset. hopefully that will fix it. if anything you might be able to flash your firmware in odin....or maybe its time for an upgrade
thinking.png

That's what I was thinking. My plan is to try everything I can to get the pictures/video's off the phone. If I can't I'll factory reset it and hope I can somehow use a program to retrieve some of the pictures.

I'll have to look into flashing the firmware in Odin. Not quite sure what that is. Nothing a couple Google searches can't fix though haha

Yeah the day this phone finally crapped out I went and got the S10e. Really enjoying it so far.

hmmmmmm yeah this is why i always have an sd card.....at least in the old days. the newer samsungs devices you can automatically gets uploaded when your on wifi to save room. and it is also why i would back my sd card as often as possible.....cuz you never know.

Figured I'd give people an update on this. I ended up having to flash a couple different firmware's on Odin. The oldest firmware I could find was the one that worked. However, I did lose all my pictures and videos which I didn't want to happen. I knew that was a possibility but also knew I couldn't try retrieving any of the pics unless I got the phone to unfreeze. I downloaded and paid for the program Fonelab. It retrieved a few pictures that were downloaded from Facebook but did not retrieve any that were in my gallery. I emailed them to see if there was something I did wrong but if anyone has an idea on how to find pics on a phone that was wiped let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom