• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S7 Notifications stopped working

G

Galaxy s7 Question

So on my galaxy s7 edge, I yesterday randomly stopped receiving notifications and nothing pops up anymore from all sources. I've already checked to make sure notifications were enabled and ran the phone in safe mode. Nothing seems to be working.
Also, my 'recent apps' button is not working, and neither is the settings button in my notification panel.
Any ideas on what it could be?

Likewise, as of yesterday I am having the exact same problem. There are no icons in the top left, and dragging down the notifications panel from the top shows "No notifications", and I cannot open the notifications panel settings menu or see upcoming alarms.

Let me know if you make any progress.

I seemed to be able to fix this issue by logging into the "guest" account from "settings" -> "users". Once in the Guest account, just delete the Guest account from the notifications panel.

That's my model number and software information, still no luck on fixing it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160516-083729.png
    Screenshot_20160516-083729.png
    676.4 KB · Views: 144
Cleared the Cache partition in recovery and still has not seemed to work :/

And I can't seem to find how to swap users in the settings menu. Even searched for it and nothing came up. Where exactly did you find it? @joshbambrick

Back
Top Bottom