• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Sabsa Prime v10 - ICS 4.0.4, Sense 4.1 Hybrid

ral

Android Expert
In many ways this ROM is still a mess. There are still no tabs on the dialer, includes a non-functional tweaks app and applying too many of the Tweak options during the install is a bad idea since the this can be the source of problems (I killed my HTC Twitter app by removing Flickr during install for example). Using HDR in the camera still locks the camera app up (reboot) to fix.

On the other hand it is better than ever. It is fast and pretty much lag free. Chrome runs well on it (this post is being typed on Chrome for mobile), although using Chrome plus SwiftKey causes the "cursor" to jump around making it impossible to complete a Sentence.

These days if you want Sense 4+ you only have two current choices: Sabsa Prime and ViperDHD. ViperDHD had the full Sense 4.1 UI and the Sense 4.1 Rosie which renders the UI in both portrait and landscape. However, the interface can look awkward at times being scaled down from a qHD display.

Sabsa Prime's Sense 4.1 interface is a combination of Sense 4 from the HTC One V and other sources. It nicely scaled.

All for now.

FriendStream is updating Twitter feeds every two hours or so. Could not get this working in several previous Sense 4 ROM's I tried.

Still not happy with the missing configuration settings, but good to find out that the FriendStream/Twitter widget which had to be manually synced was a bug.

Okay. Maybe I spoke to soon. Been three hours and FriendStream has not updated my Twitter feed :confused:

i used sabsa for maybe 2 or 3 days and i'm not too happy with sabsa..every time when press home button i get loading loading loading..everything is slow (for me) and i change the rom..

i used sabsa for maybe 2 or 3 days and i'm not too happy with sabsa..every time when press home button i get loading loading loading..everything is slow (for me) and i change the rom..

Did you try installing without to many tweaks. I got it right on my third flash (one clean, two dirty). Installing Sabsa was always a bit of a pain :D

But I am giving it a try, because with a camera app and new kernel added to it, it appears to be 100% fully working. Panorama, HDR and headset buttons.

The FriendStream app updated after 5 hours... :confused:

Did you try installing without to many tweaks. I got it right on my third flash (one clean, two dirty). Installing Sabsa was always a bit of a pain :D

But I am giving it a try, because with a camera app and new kernel added to it, it appears to be 100% fully working. Panorama, HDR and headset buttons.

The FriendStream app updated after 5 hours... :confused:

i just try it ..without tweaks..just few app, go sms, dolphin (maybe 10 app) and i give up :D
but now waiting codefire to fix bloototh and i will flashed :P

did you try dual boot?

No have not tried dual booting. AOSP 4.2.1 CodefireX appears to be coming along nicely.

I was able to get the camera app from Sabsa Prime v9. With it HDR is working. So basically, it is the first 100% working ICS ROM for the DHD. Battery life so far appears to be marginal. Will flash an improved kernel and see if that improves things.

Still on the stock kernel, my 1200 MHz @ 1100 vdd setting which I use on the Blackout ROM, does not seem to be stable with this one. Got a random reboot.

Any thoughts?

I switched to the 3.0.53 kernel by Qui King Feng and the battery life issues seem to be sorted. I should add I am using andrev_oc with a Ondemand/Conservative setup.

Maybe the Beastmode kernel which was designed around the performance governor (it goes very quickly to Deep Sleep) does not play well with virtuous_oc and andrev_oc.

The 3.0.53 kernel which seems to be better mated to this set up. The 3.0.53 kernel also has the 614MHz speed which I should make smartassV2 more effective.

Getting to 1200 MHz @ 1100 vdd with this kernel, is a no go.

Done testing. Will move back to one of my two regular ROM's.

Having flashed back to a different ROM, I can confirm that data is slow with my radio. Was not sure if it was the ROM or network traffic. Tried to use GetRIL to find me a good RIL, but it gave me a result that matching RIL was unknown.

Back
Top Bottom