• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sales rep tried to steer me away from MAXX

Arsonman

I went in to Verizon tonight to check out the MAXX. I currently have the RAZR. The sales rep said that the MAXX is exact same phone as the RAZR execpt for the battery. Then they tried to sell me the external battery for the RAZR and would not talk about the MAXX and walked away. I walked out, I can get a deal online with the trade back and have the MAXX for $111.

Often we "phone nerds" know more about the products than the sales personnel in the stores. If you can make the jump to the Maxx for only about $100, I'd do it. I am really loving this phone!

Often we "phone nerds" know more about the products than the sales personnel in the stores. If you can make the jump to the Maxx for only about $100, I'd do it. I am really loving this phone!

Just pulled the trigger.....with the discount of the trade in I just got the MAXX for $101. The trade in went up ten bucks since yesterday. I am going to be one happy camper (I hope).:D

How exactly is the Maxx with a 3300mAh battery better than a Razr with a 5000mAh battery extender? I really do not see the rush to change Razr for Razr Maxx by paying over $100 that would give you loads of battery extenders.

No offense pal, but that is just a silly question. I'm sure many Razr buyers are ticked off (I would be) but almost double the battery for only a couple mm's is a no-brainer. If they released the Maxx and never had the Razr, no one would have cared.

Where did you get that deal? Trade in from what site?

The trade in is with Verizon. On the bottom of the Verizon Wireless page under Plans, deals and more, there is a link for trade-in program. Click the link and put in your phone type info. They will send you an envelope to send in the phone.

How exactly is the Maxx with a 3300mAh battery better than a Razr with a 5000mAh battery extender? I really do not see the rush to change Razr for Razr Maxx by paying over $100 that would give you loads of battery extenders.

I know what your saying, but I really did not want to carry around another device in my pocket or where ever. The battery extender was 40 bucks at Verizon, I can justify in my pea brain :p to spend an extra 60 for the new phone.:) I will say if you don't mind the extra device the extender is a great option.

I know what your saying, but I really did not want to carry around another device in my pocket or where ever. The battery extender was 40 bucks at Verizon, I can justify in my pea brain :p to spend an extra 60 for the new phone.:) I will say if you don't mind the extra device the extender is a great option.

I have to agree that doing it on a daily basis would be useless, but my Razr gets me through the day with at least 50% battery left, so in normal conditions I do not need the extra power. On occasions when I travel, the Maxx battery would not last long enough anyway, so I would prefer a battery pack. YMMV.

Just pulled the trigger.....with the discount of the trade in I just got the MAXX for $101. The trade in went up ten bucks since yesterday. I am going to be one happy camper (I hope).:D

Very good choice. The MAXX is an awesome phone and fixes the RAZR's most glaring flaw. If only they had just released the original RAZR with the MAXX's battery.

Very good choice. The MAXX is an awesome phone and fixes the RAZR's most glaring flaw. If only they had just released the original RAZR with the MAXX's battery.

What you see as a flaw, I see as a bonus. I love the thin profile the normal razr has.

And I end the day right around 50% battery anyways. So I do not need the Maxx larger compacity.

I'm used to charging my phone at night, every night. I did it with all my other phones. And i'll keep doing it with the razr. I have the car adaptor in case i'm traveling. And if really needed I'll go out and buy an external battery extender.

What you see as a flaw, I see as a bonus. I love the thin profile the normal razr has.

And I end the day right around 50% battery anyways. So I do not need the Maxx larger compacity.

I'm used to charging my phone at night, every night. I did it with all my other phones. And i'll keep doing it with the razr. I have the car adaptor in case i'm traveling. And if really needed I'll go out and buy an external battery extender.

In most "normal" circumstances, what you are saying is so but I consider my cell phone to be the ultimate emergency communication tool. If you, God forbid, run into a situation in which a family member or a friend has a sudden and serious medical problem, that extra battery life might be critical. I wish that I didn't have direct knowledge of this but I do and I can tell you that my DINC with its extended battery was crucial to me and those that I needed to speak to. I'm a firm believer in planning for worst case scenarios and any extra juice that I can get on a cell phone, I want. The first Razr's sealed battery was the one thing that that was a showstopper for me but the Maxx stands to go quite a ways towards negating that. The jury is still out on exactly how long the battery will last but it's looking better with each recharge.

Motorola has been floating some cover story about how after the Razr was released, one of its engineers came up with the thin extended battery concept and then the testing started. I find that one a bit difficult to swallow.

The trade in is with Verizon. On the bottom of the Verizon Wireless page under Plans, deals and more, there is a link for trade-in program. Click the link and put in your phone type info. They will send you an envelope to send in the phone.

A question for you: when you trade back your Razr and get the $148 gift card will you have to use the upgrade to the Maxx on another phone on your account that is due or can you use it on the same line that the Razr was on? Normally your upgrade on that one would be done unless Verizon is willing to be very flexible. Thanks.

In most "normal" circumstances, what you are saying is so but I consider my cell phone to be the ultimate emergency communication tool. If you, God forbid, run into a situation in which a family member or a friend has a sudden and serious medical problem, that extra battery life might be critical. I wish that I didn't have direct knowledge of this but I do and I can tell you that my DINC with its extended battery was crucial to me and those that I needed to speak to. I'm a firm believer in planning for worst case scenarios and any extra juice that I can get on a cell phone, I want. The first Razr's sealed battery was the one thing that that was a showstopper for me but the Maxx stands to go quite a ways towards negating that. The jury is still out on exactly how long the battery will last but it's looking better with each recharge.

I, too, have dealt with a family medical emergency but was stuck with my Blackberry Storm 2 at the time and found it extremely frustrating to be dealing with the emergency and the stress of being worried about keeping other family members up-to-date, etc. I moved from Android to the iPhone because of poor battery performance and the RAZR Maxx is holding it's own against the iPhone thus far. Battery is my number one concern but I think the Maxx will prove itself.

Its just that you have to carry that extender around, and couple that MAXX if necessary with a 5000 mAh extender... Oh man
If I know I'm gonna be out for extended periods with batt management.
if necessary the Maxx by itself will get me through it.
I know I shouldnt have maybe done it but I am glad I am going from the Razr to the MAXX

A question for you: when you trade back your Razr and get the $148 gift card will you have to use the upgrade to the Maxx on another phone on your account that is due or can you use it on the same line that the Razr was on? Normally your upgrade on that one would be done unless Verizon is willing to be very flexible. Thanks.

Thats what I'm doing trading it back, and I will ultimately use the gift card to pay the ETF on the line I used for the upgrade.
In Ca. u can hold the gift card as long as u want....

The gift card is just that, I can use it for anything, Verizon or not. For some reason my line with the RAZR had the discount on it. I really don't know why it was discounted but it was. Actually the day after I purchased the RAZR I still had a discount on that line for any phone.

I'm glad you've convinced yourself that you're happy with it. That's awesome. But you can also still admit that its a little disappointing Motorola would screw the customers in this way (Engadget said as much in their review).

I can actually see his point. I can see how one would not want to give up the ultra thin profile of the Razr................
Besides if u get a compact external batt pack you're good to go.
If I do decide to go back to the original Razr I will go with one of these.
ANKER
I have read in on Amazon customer review where it may actually be 1800 maH
If that be true Carry one of those along that would give u 3500 maH total.

Yeah they kept pushing me away from it too oddly enough, they were really intent on getting me to buy the Rezound. I understood where they were coming from because it comes with nice headphones and was cheaper but the 1.5 GHZ processor on the Rezound does not even come close to the Razr Maxx, this thing is incredibly smooth and fast.

This was honestly the best phone decision I have ever made.

The did the exact same thing to me. It was very weird. Maybe they just want to get rid of their Razr stock because everyone wants to get the maxx now?

I was told to get the regular razr, buy the extended battery and if I wanted, I could buy a backup battery. Or some fancy charger that doesn't need plugged into the wall? Eventually just got what I had came for, the maxx.

The funny thing when I went to buy my phone everyone in the store was buying iPhones or had an iPhone with them. I asked the sales guy and he said yeah the iPhone is the biggest seller. I just don't no how you could live with using a little 3.5" screen. I thought the 3.7" screen on my DINC was to small.

Back
Top Bottom