• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Continuum not supporting jpeg files?

Laura120

Lurker
Aug 7, 2011
Hi, I am a first time smartphone user. I have had a Samsung Continuum for about 10 days. Today I received an email with a jpeg attachment. I could not open the attachment so I called Verizon Wireless for assistance. Their tech support told me that the Samsung Continuum did not support jpeg files. Since jpeg is the most common picture file I am a little skeptical. I was told I could find an app that would convert the jpeg file to another type of file but I was not able to find one. If anyone has any suggestions or can shed some light on this situation I would be grateful. Thank you.

I sent myself a couple of pictures to a pop3 email account I check on my phone. When I retrieve the email it asks me to display pictures, which I do and then presents me with the following screen.

lunatic59-albums-stuff-picture3971-email-attachments.jpg

When i Click the save button it saves the attachment to the root folder of my sd card.

If you are not presented with these options, then I would say its peculiar to the Continuum and you should ask in Samsung Continuum - Android Forums.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones