• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 which CASE?

BaggyFX

Lurker
Hi folks,
I'm a newbie on here and a newbie to tablets.
I got a samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition and I want to protect my new pride and joy.
what is the best case and the best value for Money?

Thanks
BaggyFX

Hi folks,
I'm a newbie on here and a newbie to tablets.
I got a samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition and I want to protect my new pride and joy.
what is the best case and the best value for Money?

Thanks
BaggyFX

I got this one....looks like the one the person above posted, but it's a lot cheaper.... Amazon.com: Poetic Slimbook Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Computers & Accessories

It doesn't seem to have good corner protection, if it was dropped, but I like it. Has a hand strap, magnets to turn the screen off when closed, etc.

Thanks guys, the MoKo case is cheaper in UK, an original Samsung case would be nice but they are crazy expensive (

Hi Jump hour, is your case good quality/well Made?

It seems to be. I've only had it for 2 days. Has all the correct cut-outs for the camera, microphones, has an indent in the corner so you can take the stylus out, it can be propped up like an easel, there are SD card and business card slots inside of it, has an elastic pen loop on the outside as well. I live in the US, and I have Amazon Prime, so it was only $9.95 shipped for me, so for that price, I'm quite pleased with it.

Hi baggy...

I am new to the forums but I have owned note products since the beginning. Just an FYI...I ordered the Moko case from Amazon and while the fit and the other features are AWESOME, there is some weird aspect of it...not sure what it is, th at affects the functionality of the tab. At first I thought I bought a defective 2014 edition note...turns out the moment I pull it from the Moko case is works 100% fine.

Hi baggy...

Yup it is definitely the magnet. Don't know whether it is the case or the tab or what, but as soon as I Remo e it it acts normally. I don't know what to go with get...I am new here too, but sadly nobody replied to my post. I hope I didn't come off as rude or mean. I really am just a nice, helpful person looking for suggestions. Good luck!

I've got this one in the blue color. It is also by MoKo for the Note 10.1 2014. Just a bit different in style is all the difference.

Amazon.com: MoKo Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition & Tab PRO 10.1 Case - Slim-Fit Case with Stand for Galaxy Note 10.1 Inch 2014 Edition Tablet & TabPRO 10.1 Tablet, BLUE (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep): Computers & Accessories

I have had it for about a month and it seems to be working just fine, and has shown no wear or tear as of yet.

What I like about this one is the ability to easily set the angle of the screen for viewing videos etc and then set it a bit lower to be able to type on the screen. It also has an elastic strap that helps keep the cover back when you have it open and are holding it in your hand to use it.

Take a close look at both cases and see the differences and make your choice.

Good luck on your search for a case. Let us know what you buy.

DemDog (love the name btw) just FYI to you and Baggy...not sure what it is but I think I have the exact same case as you do, just black, if you look at my OP on this subject, and for reasons beyond my comprehension something in the case...The position of a magnet designed to turn off the screen when it is closed is my best guess...is causing my Note 10.1 2014 to go nuts when in the case...S-Pen stops working, screen randomly turn on and off...very odd. In fact now I feel really bad because Amazon got all sorts of grief from me because they sent me a "NIB" Note (sold by, not fulfilled by Amazon). Aside from some stupid cosmetic stuff (like some of the stickers were peeled off, etc.) I truly think the device was in fine working order. I was so angry because of the erratic behavior on a device that was clearly used and sent back that I got Samsung USA involved and for the first time EVER since I have known of them, Amazon credited back a nearly $600 purchase in advance of me even printing a shipping label! Now it looks like it is all this little bastard of a case! II mean, there is no other explanation. II bought a brand new device through BB and it started doing the same stuff. I really thought I was losing it, but I have never experienced interference from a protective case before. sure enough the moment I take the device out of the case all "bad" behavior ceases. Now what? As much as I hate Apple and think they are secretly plotting with China and the Right Wing to take over the world, at least their cases are metal on something this pricey. Pleather and chrome paint not cutting it Samsung. So, what to do? The poet or poetic case been okay? Does it have a strap that you can slide your hand through like this Moko one has (that is my favorite feature...prevents drops)? I must I suckm it up and she'll out $60 US for the Samsung cover, where 2/3 or more of the price is because it says "samsung"?

Well tesser, I don't know what to say. May I suggest that you got a bad case? Seems you have gotten a NIB tab from Best Buy which is where I got mine and put it back in the same case. Looks to me that the case could be bad. I know that mine works fine. May send the case back and get a new one.

Well, I wish I'd seen this thread b4 I ordered my case. But I'm buying it from Amazon because I have 30days of free Prime and shipping will be free. (Cheapskate). I'm getting one called "Snugg" which has pretty good reviews. If I'm not happy with it I'll get my money back. I'm tempted to throw down big bucks on an Otterbox or similar, because I will be eventually using this during disaster responses like fires, floods, storms and zombies attacks. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom