• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Ring SPH-M840 won't boot

jlwm8609

Lurker
Hi everyone,

Yesterday afternoon, my Samsung Galaxy Ring SPH-M840 decided to stop working. The phone is stock, Android 4.1.2, never been rooted. Earlier that day, I used it normally for calls, texts, and e-mail. That evening, I noticed something was wrong when the screen was on, but was black and blank. I held down the power button to reboot, and the Samsung screen came on, and the screen went blank again. It would continue the blank/black/Samsung cycle on the screen until the battery was removed. I went into system recovery mode and found the following error:

E:failed to mount /system (Invalid argument)
can't mount '/system (Invalid argument)

# MANUAL MODE #
-- Appling Multi-CSC. . .

I know phones will brick sometimes if you start messing with things, but this phone was purchased almost 7 months ago, totally stock, and as I said before, never rooted. I'm getting another Samsung Galaxy Ring as a replacement phone under warranty, but I'm kinda puzzled why it just up and died like that. I hope I don't have to repeat this a few months down the line with the replacement phone. :confused:

Fortunately, I backup my phone periodically. But, there are a few photos and new contacts that I added to the phone since the last backup which may now be lost. I'd like to recover them and put them on the new phone, but looks like I may be out of luck since I can't get the thing to boot. Am I right?

Thanks,

-Joe

Hi everyone,

Yesterday afternoon, my Samsung Galaxy Ring SPH-M840 decided to stop working. The phone is stock, Android 4.1.2, never been rooted. Earlier that day, I used it normally for calls, texts, and e-mail. That evening, I noticed something was wrong when the screen was on, but was black and blank. I held down the power button to reboot, and the Samsung screen came on, and the screen went blank again. It would continue the blank/black/Samsung cycle on the screen until the battery was removed. I went into system recovery mode and found the following error:

# MANUAL MODE #
-- Appling Multi-CSC. . .

I know phones will brick sometimes if you start messing with things, but this phone was purchased almost 7 months ago, totally stock, and as I said before, never rooted. I'm getting another Samsung Galaxy Ring as a replacement phone under warranty, but I'm kinda puzzled why it just up and died like that. I hope I don't have to repeat this a few months down the line with the replacement phone. :confused:

Fortunately, I backup my phone periodically. But, there are a few photos and new contacts that I added to the phone since the last backup which may now be lost. I'd like to recover them and put them on the new phone, but looks like I may be out of luck since I can't get the thing to boot. Am I right?

Thanks,

-Joe

you're system crashed.

Back
Top Bottom